8:10pm

FanFiction.net

8:10pm by shadowhuntingdauntlessdemigod

Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Angst & Hurt/Comfort
Characters: Natasha R, Steve R, Tony S, Clint B.
Words: 5k+
Published: Dec 4, 2015

***

7:38PM

What time is Barton's party again?

7:38PM

8:00. You were the one that told me when to make the party, Nat.

7:39PM

Shit. I may be late. The lady at the grocery store spelled Clint with a K...

7:39PM

Is she still alive? You can't be banned from any more grocery stores for threatening their employees.

7:40PM

Steve, that was one time... Clint has no idea about the party, right?

7:41PM

I don't think so. I just said that I needed some help fixing my water line to the kitchen. I really tried my best to sound sincere.

7:42PM

Oh God, Rogers. We are so screwed.

7:42PM

You should really have more faith in my lying skills. By the way, texting while driving? Natasha, put the phone down.

7:43PM

I'm walking, Steve. Quit worrying about me. Can't walk fast enough though. I'm still fifteen blocks out.

7:44PM

I can come pick you up. We'd be back at my apartment before eight.

7:45PM

Nope. Just get all of the decorations put up. And keep all of the alcohol away from Tony.

7:46PM

Banner's got that covered. Tony's setting up streamers, telling me to "get off my phone and help him". You sure you're okay?

7:47PM

Yes, Rogers. I can walk to your apartment at night by myself holding a cake. I'm the freaking Black Widow. Don't underestimate me.

7:48PM

How do you manage to be so menacing when you're fifteen blocks away and talking to me over text message?

7:48PM

Perks of being an assassin. Seriously though. Underestimate me and you die.

7:49PM

You know that I wasn't. Just get here as soon as you can.

7:50PM

Don't rush me, Steve. Wouldn't want to drop the cake while texting and watching the road.

7:51PM

What kind of cake is it?

7:53PM

Ch

7:54PM

Too hard to spell chocolate? Barton will love it, I'm sure. Does it say some kind of inside joke on the top? How about "Assassins 4 Eva?" with a few guns or something. Tony likes that one.

7:56PM

Streamers are all put up. Tony's finding a place to hide for maximum "scariness". I hope Barton doesn't have a knife with him. Tony may actually die.