Something In The Air

FanFiction.net

Something In The Air by  LiquidCaliban

Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Romance
Characters: Steve.R + Natasha.R
Words: 5k+
Published: October 22nd 2016

***

Steve was having a strange day. He was used to attracting some attention when he walked down the street, even though it still made him self-conscious, but this morning had been unusually intense. Between the Tower and the non-chain coffee shop a block away, he had gotten some downright lascivious looks and even a few catcalls from passing women. He wasn't entirely sure, but he thought the clerk at the register had been flirting with him. The barista had definitely written her phone number on his coffee cup beside a lipstick kiss. That couldn't be sanitary. He had smiled in what he hoped was a kind but discouraging manner and tossed the untasted coffee in the first trashcan out of sight of the shop.

Walking through the Tower lobby had become something of an adventure when he'd stopped to help a woman who'd dropped a stack of papers. She had nearly knocked him over trying to plant a kiss on his cheek. He would have chalked it up to an awkward thank you if three women in the elevator hadn't tried to pin him against the wall and have their way with him, in spite of the discomfort of several other men in the same elevator. Steve had fled somewhere around the forty-sixth floor and taken the stairs the rest of the way up.

Now he was slightly sticky, standing in Tony Stark's private lab and describing his predicament.

Tony looked less than impressed. "So you're saying that all women find you irresistible?"

"I didn't say that. I just mean that I'm being noticed a little more than usual. I was almost assaulted in the elevator."

"JARVIS?"

"Bringing up the footage now."

It was almost as uncomfortable to watch the security video as it had been to go through it, though Tony's comments probably contributed to that. "Damn, Cap. And here I thought you were bragging."

"I just want it to stop."

"Uh-huh." Stark rolled his eyes. "JARVIS, could you ask Maria Hill to come up here?"

"Right away, sir."

"What is she going to do?"

"Let's see."

Hill walked into the room, looking businesslike as ever. Her head was bent over a tablet. "I hope this is important, because I was in the middle of..." She paused and looked up, raising an eyebrow. "Good morning, Steve."

"Hi."

She set her tablet down, never taking her eyes off him. "Wow. Have you been working out?"

"Uh..." His mouth went dry. Unswervingly professional Maria Hill was pressing against his side, grasping his bicep between two hands. "No more than usual."

"Hmm. Maybe it just feels bigger because I'm touching it." She licked her lips and gave his arm a squeeze. "Do you have any other parts that will get bigger if I touch you?"

Tony rolled his eyes when Steve looked to him for help. "Okay, either you've put together the weirdest prank in history or the world has gone completely crazy."

"Crazy about how amazing Steve looks," she countered. Steve ducked away as Hill suddenly made a grab for the front of his jeans.

"Right, the world is insane." Tony grabbed her arm and dragged her toward the door. "Go to your office and sit under the A/C."

"I need my tablet! And him!"

"No, you're done. I'll send your tablet down." Tony disappeared as he guided Hill into the hallway and toward the elevator. He came back rubbing his arm. "She punched me! Anyway, I'll slap up a 'No Girls Allowed' sign on the lab and get Bruce up here."