Contentment At Its Finest

FanFiction.net

Contentment At Its Finest by Bree Colbern

Rated: T
Language: English
Genre:  Romance
Characters: Steve.R + Natasha.R
Words: 537
Published: August 15th 2016

***

Steve sighed as he turned the volume on the TV down a little ways. He was currently waiting for Natasha to get back from the Avengers headquarters; which she had left at five o'clock that morning and it was currently nine o'clock that night.

Fury had called her in for some long meeting, and even though Steve, her husband as of two years ago, tried to convince Fury to let Steve go with her, he had promptly refused.

So, Steve had decided to watch one of the many movies Stark had suggested, since he was bored and there was absolutely nothing for him to do anymore.

The movie was called 'The Matrix', but Steve was just barely paying any attention to the movie, as he was waiting for Natasha to arrive.

After another half an hour of having his eyes flick back and forth between the clock and the TV, Steve decided to do a few things on his phone.

After several more minutes, TV still playing in the background as he tried to do some stuff on his phone, he heard the door start opening.

Slightly startled, but knowing that Natasha had just picked the lock, he turned around and smiled at her from the couch.

"Hey, Natasha," Steve greeted with a small smile, and she returned it weakly, while waving once in a very tired manner. Steve chuckled as she closed the door behind her and leaned her head against it.

"Hey, Steve," She whispered back.

"How'd the meeting go?" He questioned and she waved dismissively this time.

"Fury being Fury." She mumbled and Steve chuckled before going back to his phone. She moved her head from the door and glanced at the TV. "Matrix?" She asked.

"Yep," Steve answered.

"Stark?"

"Yep." He said again as she tiredly started to stumble over to the couch. Suddenly, instead of the cushion next to him, she clumsily plopped down onto his lap with a sigh. "Natasha!" He exclaimed in shock, but the smile on his face gave away any of his facade.

"What? I'm tired," She mumbled into the bare skin on his neck as she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought her feet up on the couch.

"Then maybe I should bring you to bed?" He asked as he started making a move to get up off of the couch.

"No," She declared as she wrapped her arms around his neck into an even tighter embrace; causing Steve to chuckle. "Don't wanna' move," She stated.

"Well, I would carry you, ya' know?" He asked and she just shook her head, burying her face even more into the crook of his neck.

"I don't care, I don't wanna'." She declared, and after a few moments she spoke again. "Besides. You're comfy," She said and Steve chuckled.

"Fine, you win." He said and she raised a fist into the air and feebly pumped it. Steve laughed and shook his head as he wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her shoulder. He brought a hand up and gently massaged her scalp, and she sighed contentedly.

"I love you so much, Steve." She whispered and he smiled softly.

"I love you, too, Natasha."