Broken Vases Yet Whole Lovers

FanFiction.net

Broken Vases Yet Whole Lovers by Bree Colbern

Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Romance
Characters: Steve.R + Natasha.R
Words: 728
Published: August 15th 2016

***

Natasha sighed irritably as she stretched her arm out even more, trying to grab that stupid glass vase on top of the living room shelf.

Steve, being the incredible sweetheart that he is, had surprised her with roses the night before, and the stems were currently just sitting in a glass dish.

Natasha remembered how for her and Steve's wedding, Clint had given her a glass vase, along with a couple of other things, and had casually whispered into her ear how Steve was probably going to be showering her with flowers.

She had just laughed it off, because, nobody would do that for her, right?

Wrong.

Steve was always surprising her with different things, including flowers. And she loved it.

Well, she loved him.

And she would love anything he did. But right now, those flowers were proving to be a bigger hassle than worth. She was so close to grabbing it, just about an inch away, but suddenly the door opened, and she immediately yanked her hand away. But it was too late. Steve had already seen it.

"Hey, Nat," He greeted with an eyebrow raised as he set the grocery bags down.

"Hey, Steve." She tried to return the greeting happily and calmly, like nothing was going on. But she guessed that by the way she had been standing on a chair, reaching for all she was worth for a vase on top of a high shelf, Steve knew something was up.

She smiled sweetly as she climbed down off the chair and walked up to him to give him a quick kiss. After that, she returned back to the chair, Steve right behind her.

"Um, honey?" He asked as she tried to reach for it again.

"Yes, darling?" She asked with a smirk as she glanced down at him.

"What exactly are you doing?" He asked as she tried to reach for it again, but still failed. She huffed out an annoyed breath as she crossed her arms and glared at the innocent looking vase.

"I don't even know anymore," She mumbled and Steve chuckled.

"Here, I can reach it." He declared as he started reaching for it, and there was no way she was going to let him get it without hardly even trying.

"No, no, no, I can get it!" She said as she quickly tried to grab it, but his hand was already right by it.

And instead of, grabbing it, she might have, accidentally, shoved it off of the shelf and it may have, accidentally collided with Steve's poor, unsuspecting face. A glass shatter echoed through out the room as Steve stumbled back.

He lost his footing and accidentally landed hard down on the floor. She gasped as she covered her mouth with a hand.

"Steve are you okay?" She asked as she quickly climbed down off the chair, but suddenly Steve burst out laughing.

"Nat!" He said in fake exasperation. He shook his head as he started taking several glass shards out of his blonde hair. "I said I could get it!" He stated as he laughed even more. Just at the sight of him laughing, she couldn't help but smirk in amusement.

But she still thanked to God that he was all right. Soon, however, she was chuckling as his contagious laugh still filled the room. She knelt down next to him, to make sure he was actually okay.

"I can't believe I did that," She stated with a chuckle and Steve playfully glared at her. "But you look hilarious." She said and laughed as he grabbed her waist and tugged her down. She yelped as her footing was lost beneath her and she was yanked into his lap.

"Get down here!" He playfully growled as she tried to get back up. He pulled her against him as laughter bubbled up out of the both of them.

"Well, that was a cheap vase. Thanks a lot, Clint." Natasha said as the laughter started dying down, but only reared right back up again after that. Steve, still laughing, kissed her before gently cupping her head against his shaking chest.

Soon, the laughter finally died down, but after just a few moments Steve started laughing again and she couldn't stop the giggle from escaping her lips. This was her life.

And she wouldn't have it any other way.