Do You Think He Saw Us?

FanFiction.net

Do You Think He Saw Us? By Lovedrr

Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Romance
Characters: Steve.R + Natasha.R
Words: 2k+
Published: September 17 2014

***

The hot evening air was a pleasant blend of warm lucidity and damp coolness. A short rain shower had just blown through the area, and the atmosphere had a soothing smoky feel to it. There were clouds and tendrils of steam rising into the air all over the grounds.

A black sports car glided through the empty streets at a leisurely pace, the couple inside of it merely enjoying their quiet time together. Steve "The Captain" Rogers and Natasha "The Black Widow" Romanoff had recently come to adore the serene peace of each other's presence. Having just left their favorite movie theater, both of them were resisting the urge to hold one another's hand. They had only started to see each other during their private time over the last three months, and being in an actual relationship was still new for the both of them.

"So that was the infamous 'Star Wars?'" Steve said with a grin.

"I know it had been on your to-do list for a while. Did you enjoy it?" Natasha asked with a gentle smile.

"I think I enjoyed just spending time with you more," he told her.

The spy glanced over at him but quickly turned away. His complete honesty always had a way of cutting through directly to her heart. Just the tone of his voice seemed to be able to pull truth out of her in a way that no one else could. He made her feel things inside which she thought were long dead and some that she didn't even know existed. Her defensive mechanism rose up, and sought a point of contention to try to put some protective distance between them.

"If you didn't stick so closely to your old fashioned values, we could have had a lot more fun in the theater tonight, you know?"

Steve turned to look out the passenger side window beside him. He remembered looking around the practically deserted dark vintage theater as the lovely redhead had begun to suckle his neck while her hand had trailed up the inside of his thigh. The way she had easily and stealthily unbuttoned his shirt down past his upper chest had been mesmerizing and intoxicating. Then, when the sexy spy had started to seductively kiss her way down his broad chest with searing hot kisses while unbuckling his pants and sliding down to her knees in front of him, he simply hadn't been able to take any more.

The chivalrous soldier had quickly grabbed her shoulders to pull her back up into her seat beside him, wrapping a slightly trembling arm around her to prevent any more attempts at public displays of affection. Natasha had followed his reserve without question, and he had felt a touch of the cold distance of The Black Widow between them for some time afterward. He had rejected her. It had not been easy to get this woman to begin to open up, and even the slightest additional space between them was a setback. He very much desired to be close to her, but the great tactician couldn't figure out the right path.

"Having sex in a crowded movie theater might not be the most discreet way to have fun," the soldier said a little too firmly.

"There were three people in the theater, Steve," the spy laughed incredulously. "I know things were more conservative in the world when you grew up, but in today's society, normal adventurous everyday couples do things like that for each other. It's called falling in..."

"I wasn't raised that way," he interrupted, immediately wishing that he had let her finish her statement.

"I wasn't raised at all," Natasha spoke in a barely audible whisper.

"I'm sorry," he said comfortingly. "I didn't mean..."

"It's okay," she interrupted gently. When the spy spoke again, her voice had the quiet resignation he had heard in her tone before in the car on their drive to New Jersey, when she had asked him who he wanted her to be. "If you don't want me to be adventurous, then I won't be."