III. their retired eternal

575 BCBABYLON

575 BC
BABYLON

          PERSE LAID IN THE ARMS of Druig, who was sharing plums with her. Letting him daze out, she watched as Phastos had been working on some sort of machinery, to help humanity.
She eyed the gold illusions of Phastos, with every move a piece of machine moved with him.

Soon, Ajak came in, making Perse and Druig move away from each other. Despite seeing the obvious, Ajak says, "Phastos. Did you go to the party last night like I told you to?"

He scoffs, "The party, yeah. Yeah, it was——"

"He worked all night," Druig tells, earning a light shove from Perse. He nudged her back, with a mischievous grin.

"Get a life," Ajak states, "And where is Sersi?"

"Late as usual," Sprite says.

"I'm sorry but I have something very exciting to show you, okay?" Phastos grabs their leader's hand, pulling her to see. "Wait till you see this."

With great pride, Phastos reveals his cosmic illusion work, completely proud of himself for even coming up with the idea.

"What is it?" Ajak asked, not entirely sure what it is.

"I-It's an engine. It moves steam from high pressure to low pressure," He explains, "Uh, it'll help them till their fields at an incredibly fast rate."

"It's gonna freak them out," Sprite comments, spinning her knife.

"I mean, they've only had the wheel for 1,000 years," Perse adds, "They seem pretty prepared for an engine."

"You know, we could do that thing your buddy can do, where he uses his mind to control them and then they could do it quicker."

"Ajak, you listening to this?" Druig chirped, innocently.

"Phastos, this steam..."

He corrects, "Engine. It's an engine."

"It's too soon." Running, Sersi pops in. "And there she is."

"What did I miss?" Sersi questions.

"Nothing. Just the... screams of my deep disappointment," Phastos gabs.

"I know you have simpler ideas," Perse presses.

As the man tried to find his idea, Druig smirked to himself, looking toward Perse. With his closest hand beside her, his one hand playful danced his way around her waist, causing her to giggle just a little. This caused him to have a small chuckle.