XI. one step forward

IRAQ

IRAQ

THE ETERNALS MADE THEIR WAY to the sandy beige dune, dropped off by Kingo's jet, to return to their starship, the Domo.
Archaeologists were at the top of the Domo, slowly and carefully carving out the dirt from its engravings.

Druig stood tall, as he controlled the humans to exit the premises, away from them and their ship.
Seeing as every human left in their cars to drive off to the nearest town, Sprite revealed themselves.

As they all walked, Druig and Perse were together, side by side. This didn't go unnoticed by Kingo, who couldn't help but feel his jealousy burn in his stomach.

Phastos motioned his hands to the hologram of the Domo. They all stop to see the earth break in front of them, as the rumbling of dirt and sand shake. The Domo slowly rose up, rising in all its glory.

Perse smiled at the ship.
It was her first home, packed with many memories of her family.

Suddenly, she felt a hand reach for hers. She looked to see Druig, looking back at her. Her heart was beating out of her chest, as her hand slowly started to wrap around his.

Perse knew herself too well, she was falling again. Falling for the man that left her, falling for her first and only love; it was inevitable. She didn't hate the fact that her feelings were coming back, truly. What scared her was being hurt again, if he would leave her alone again.

Druig understood her fear, he didn't have to read her mind to know. He loved her — not that he had never stopped — and he wanted her to be his again. He learned from the past, he learned from his mistakes. He missed her kind words, her contagious laugh. He had missed all of her, her spirit, her mind, her soul.

Going into the Domo, Kingo and Karun had been recording the entire time. "A foreboding atmosphere fills the air. An eerie stillness chokes our lungs," The Eternal narrates, quietly.

"What are you doing?" Phastos asked, "You know you're creeping us out. You know that right?"
Pop. "Oh god! Stay calm, T, please——"

Phastos stopped himself, seeing Thena completely composed, with her face holding a still blankness. He looked down to see her foot lift up from a bag of chips on the floor.

He chuckles and takes the bag. "Chips. It's just chips."

Kingo turns back to the camera. "As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions, such as cowardice."

Suddenly, music began to play. Everyone walked to the main console room to see that it was filled with artifacts and junk.

"What had she done?" Phastos shrieks, "Is that... a sarcophagus in my lab?"

Perse smiled in seeing her dearest friend, Makkari. The woman was flipping through books as she sat on a throne.

"This is Makkari," Kingo introduced, "Or should I say Miss Havisham? None of us have seen her for centuries."