XV. on hold

PERSE AND DRUIG WERE TOGETHER again

          PERSE AND DRUIG WERE TOGETHER again. The Earth was harmonious once, again, it had a balanced that was vital. People have noticed how the soil on the planet was much richer than before, how the ocean seemed to become in the bloom of wildlife and ecosystems, and how nature just seemed better than the day before.

The two went to a history museum in South Dakota. They would laugh at the inaccuracies or joke about how it all came to be.

"Ironic, isn't it," Druig whispers to Perse.

They were looking at a painting of Icarus, in which he falls from the sky as his wings were burnt to ruin from the sun.

"I just applaud how they got it right," Perse replies quietly, "I'd always assumed they were fools."

"They are Soothsayers, darling. They can be wickedly correct."

He takes her hand as he pulls her away from the painting and to the statues. He stops in seeing two statues, one was a man sitting and looking out with a hand pointed, and the other is a woman, sitting and leaning beside him and following his direction.

Perse looked at the plaque that read: Hades & Persephone.

"They all depict me as old," comments Druig, "They never get the look right."

"That'll be Sprite's doing. But hey, at least you're not Kingo, he is Demeter."

Druig looked at the statue, mostly at the Persephone one. Most of the statues of the goddess were quite continuous in looks, however, they never truly look like Perse.

If they got her eyes right, her nose would be off. If they got her cheek right, her lips would be weird.

Seeing her man study the statues, she rolled her eyes and said, "I'd never think you'd be offended by statues."

"Don't hate me for having an eye for authenticity."

Before they left, Perse waved her hand to the flowers that surrounded the statues, growing them into their prime, watching them become colored and bright.

Continuing forward, the two stopped for pastries and coffee. Druig sipped his black coffee while Perse was drinking her tea. They watched as people were walking and talking, engulfed with their lives.

"It amazes me how they didn't know their last day had passed," says Druig, "I wonder how they reacted if the world did end."

Perse hums, "Can't say. They are complicated creatures, but we can't kid ourselves, we are also."

"So, what will do you in retirement?"

"Be at peace," smiles the woman, "Don't you think it's paradise? Not having to fight, living your life on your accord, not wasting her life mission after mission."

Druig smiled, "It's tempting."

Perse holds his hand. "Then join me."

Feeling her touch, the man imagined it. He wouldn't have to worry about humanity, he could spend his days doing whatever he wanted. He would have Perse beside him, forever, just as he promised many years ago.
"That just sounds too good to be true."