IX. her garden of eden

SHE WAS GLAD DRUIG WOKE her up, the two walked to the funeral site, to see how what had happened when they left

          SHE WAS GLAD DRUIG WOKE her up, the two walked to the funeral site, to see how what had happened when they left. The morning sun just painted the sky, light colors of blues and yellows come around.

They stop to see the fire had gone out of flame, just burnt bark ash was left on the sand. Druig let go of Perse's hand when seeing that she was slowly making her way to Thena.

Thena stood in the ice-cold river, as she held to the box of Gilgamesh's ashes, debating whether she should let him go.

Perse sat on the sand, waiting for Thena to come out of the water so that she could be a friend and comfort her. She didn't care if Thena took all day, Perse wasn't going to move without Thena by her side.

As Druig watched the two, Sersi's presence came beside him. He said, "When I left, I thought about taking over the minds of every human on this planet. Violence, fear, greed, all
gone."

"Why didn't you?" asked Sersi.

"Because without their flaws, they wouldn't be human."

As his eyes looked to his beloved, he began to think that maybe it was a mistake to let humans be humans. From what he had known of what the humans did to Perse, he could've stopped it all from happening, if he had just gone with his gut and done it.

But he could never actually go through with it, as every time he looked that them, he thought of Perse. Thought of how she shaped their world, and if he were to disrupt it, was disrupting her image.

The woman beside him begged, "Please, Druig. You can't stay here anymore. These Deviants are trying to keep us from killing their own kind. They have a conscience now. That makes them more dangerous."

"No, Sersi. That makes them us," Druig stated, "Eternals and Deviants. Arishem's children. But you are asking me to take control of a mind of a Celestial. I do not have that kind of power."

"We'll need Phastos," Sersi nods.

Referring to the smartest of them all, the man sighed, "Well, good luck. He gave up on humans a long time ago."

"So did Perse. She's here with us."

"Not for the reason you and Ikaris are here." He turns to Sersi. "Why is she here?"

Looking to Perse and back to Druig, Sersi explained, "Because we swore to never bring her back. To not call her to join the fight if a Deviant comes back, to not be involved with anything that has to do with our mission. She's retired after this."