XIII. her fight

IKARIS TRULY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HE started

Perse screamed aloud, her heart completely unhinged. She didn't even comprehend the earth beneath them shattering like her heart, the land reached out like a broken mirror or a weak spider web.

As Makkari went to grab Thena and Phastos from the Domo, which had fallen down, Sersi watched in horror from watching Druig get shot down and seeing the earth start to collapse.

Sersi saw how the clouds started to dim, moving in toward Perse. She looked at the sea stretch closer than ever, even feeling the vibration of the earth ever so slightly.

But Perse didn't do anything.
She kneeled to the ground and cried to herself, a grieving cry.

Makkari retrieved the two other Eternals, glaring at Ikaris, who decided to descend from the sky.
As he touched the land, Perse's eyes shot open.

Ikaris announced, "Druig's gone. It's over——"

Lighting struck in the sky, a bolt blasted Ikaris in the back, making him scream in pain. Everyone turned toward Perse, who slowly stood up. Makkari pointed to the ground, seeing almost everything around the woman dim from color, erupting black sand and shadow.

Perse stretched out her hand as she started to levitate. Gold energy in her hand and eyes, she thrust her arms into the arm and more bolts came down on Ikaris, pushing him into the earth.

"Can she do that? How is she doing that?" questions Sersi.

"Perse can control the bonded elements of any planet," Phastos tells, "She controls everything."

Seeing Ikaris down, Makkari took her opportunity and punched Ikaris down. With the lighting now gone, Makkari grabbed Ikaris and ran as fast as she could to make him weak.

Perse watched, until she looked over to the volcano, making everyone else do the same. The volcano erupted violently, and lava overflowed as hot boulders came rushing to the ground. As the rest tried to avoid the boulders from hitting them, Perse started to levitate, the wind lifting her up as she reached out her arms. The rocks held in place and lifted toward the woman.

Perse shifted the rocks around and mended them together, her gold surged out of her hands and grunted from the effort of also keeping the volcano at bay.

Phastos noticed how the volcano stopped entirely. "She's giving us time, we have to move!"

Perse yells as she thrusts the block of full gold into the ground. It cracked the earth and rumbled the land, letting Perse slowly fall down. As her feet touched the ground, a hand came from the crack, its hand was made entirely of rock and once he forced his body out, he stood tall. Perse had created a beast, a beast made of magma and rock.

"Kill him," She whispers into his ear.

Makkari was going all she could to keep Ikaris down, to release her grief through anger. But Ikaris knew Makkari, he knew her fighting style. It didn't take long for him to throw the woman out, with a blast to keep her down.