XVI. here they go again

PERSE SAT IN PHASTOS' CONTROL room, looking at her empty phone

PERSE SAT IN PHASTOS' CONTROL room, looking at her empty phone. It had been a few weeks since they have left Earth, and Jack had not messaged or called once.

The first week she understood as it was only one week.
The second week she tried to message yet it didn't even get a 'read' receipt. She figured that it must've been Jack being consumed with sports and school.
By the third week, Perse began to really worry.

Recently, her phone had been acting up and can barely turn on, meaning Phastos' program had failed.

Druig walked into the room, as soon as his eyes saw a gloomy Perse.
"You know I hate seeing you upset."

"I'm just tired," She lied, dropping her phone to the side and putting on a sleepy smile.

"Right, and that flower is happy." He points to the dull, droopy flowers around the room; caused by Perse's emotions.

Getting caught, Druig went to her side, wrapping his arm around her and his free hand gently pushed the hair out of her face.

"You wanna tell me what's the matter?"

The woman felt safe in his arms, letting him comfort her. "We've been traveling almost a month now. No one had said anything."

"So you miss them?"

"That and I feel something is off," She admits, "I don't know, something is wrong."

Soon enough, Makkari came into the room. She looked to see the sad face of Perse. "What's wrong?" She signed, sitting next to her.

"Don't you think it's weird that we haven't gotten anything? From anyone?" Perse asked, signing as well.

"I was thinking the same." Thena stood in the doorway.

"Maybe they are all busy with their lives," Makkari reasoned.

"Mak, we've been gone for a while. Sersi would've messaged us by now," Perse argued, "They wouldn't let us adventure without any communication."

"Well, let's see where they are." Druig gets up from his spot.

He goes over to the center of the room and awakens a hologram of the planet Earth. Druig turns it around like a globe and his eyes began to panic.

"Where are they?" Thena questioned.

"I don't know," Druig replied, "They should be shown on the hologram."

"You're not doing it right," claimed Makkari, taking control.

"I am telling you, they aren't on Earth," He signed.

Perse's gut feeling was correct.
She felt her heart drop to her chest as Makkari began to frantically try to get the rest of the Eternals back on the hologram.

"I knew it," She tells, "They are all gone."

She couldn't understand why this was happening. Of course, once things seemed to be going well, an obstacle had to intervene.