IV. her promise ring

THE ETERNAL SAT IN THE dark velvet seats of the private airplane Kingo had

THE ETERNAL SAT IN THE dark velvet seats of the private airplane Kingo had. For a movie star, he had certainly done well for himself.

She had never flown on a plane, mostly just traveled by car. When the plane took off, her stomach turned from how unsafe the plan was. Her hands gripped the sides of the chair as she looked out the window to see the plane fight high in the air.

"Jesus," She muttered.

"You've never flown before, haven't you?" Sprite asked, going beside her.

"N-No, and I don't think I quite like it."

The young Eternal looked to Perse. "Thank you for coming. We really need you."

Perse nodded, "It's the least I can do."

Suddenly, Kingo came in with Karun right beside him, sticking the camera to Perse.
"Now, we meet with Perse, herself — the woman, the myth, the legend."

"What is this?" She asked, with Sprite rolled her eyes.

"A documentary that will show the final battle of the Eternals," Kingo explained, "Since this will be our final times together as one before we all go our separate ways, we should cherish it."

"Right," dragged Sprite, who disappeared in front of them, using her illusions.

"Perse, tells us about yourself," Kingo started.

The woman smiles and fixed her hair. "Well, um, I'm Perse, and I can manipulate the elements of any planet I am on. I mostly use the element nature for Earth, but I can always use the air, water, and fire; those are more dangerous and harder to use."

"This is going better than I thought," Kingo whispers to Karun, "So, what footprint did you leave on Earth?"

"I made an impression on the Greeks. They saw me as Persephone, and Hades as——" She stopped herself. The lump in her throat was stuck, and her heart sank.

Feeling herself grow emotional, she asked, "Can I do this another time?"

"Sure," Kingo assured, "Take your time."

While the two men left, Perse made her way to the little bathroom the plane had and sat on the toilet seat. Her hands stayed on her face, she took deep breaths for her to calm down.

It felt unreal what a single name could do to her. She didn't think she would react like that, not around the Eternals.

Looking down at her hands, she sniffled in seeing a ring on her middle finger. It was a gold ring holding a black gem in the middle, with spirals of leaves and flowers around it.

He gave her the ring.

"Fuck," She whispers to herself, remembering back.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼