Part Seven

Day two of being alone in the village.

Luke spent the night in my house. He claimed that he had nowhere else to stay, but I didn't believe him. He clearly wanted to just be with me. I obliged, however, because I too didn't fancy being by myself.

The next morning Luke and I walked around the empty village. Luke vandalised a couple more things; he picked the lock to the local bakery and swapped the sugar with salt before stealing two slices of cake, one for me and one for himself. I thanked him.

He also made me collect as much bark and wood as possible, telling me to pick up every piece I saw. "We're having a bonfire," he said.

"A bonfire?" I frowned. "Won't smoke coming from an abandoned village look a little dodgy, though?"

Luke shrugged. "If anyone asks, we'll find an excuse. Just collect more wood."

I did as told. We walked into the local woods and picked up each stick and piece of fallen wood we saw. After a couple of hours of wood collecting and Luke attempting to flirt with me, to which I jokingly rejected him, we dumped all of our findings in the middle of the village park.

"This is going to be awesome." Luke said. He had his hands on his hips as he stood admiring the tower of wood we made.

"How are we going to light it?"

Luke pulled out a lighter from his pocket and waved it in front of me. I nodded. "Now we just need some more company."

I frowned. "Like who?"

"Calum."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course."

Luke pulled out his phone, then after a couple of minutes, he told me that Calum was on his way. Now all we needed was food and a fire. We easily stole snacks (including little things to roast on the fire) from the local shops that Luke broke into. We threw the food on the floor lazily, and then Luke proceeded to light the bonfire. Considering how big the pile of wood was, Luke found it difficult to set it aflame quickly.

"I knew we should have used coal." Luke said. I sat on the grass beside him, watching him struggle but making no attempt to help. "Some of this wood is fucking damp!"

I rolled my eyes. "Where the hell would we get coal from?"

Luke shrugged. He must have found a good dry patch, because suddenly a large patch of the wood set on fire. It spread fast, and within seconds the entire mound was in flames. "Yes!" Luke cheered, "amazing!"

I crawled away from the fire, already close to burning. "Holy shit." I added. The fire was incredible; not only did it look rather pretty in the sunset, but the smell of burning wood was wonderful. "This is the best thing you've ever done, Luke."

Luke stood up and bowed before me. "You're welcome."

I began to wonder why I didn't foreshadow this moment when I touched Luke. The bonfire looked a lot more significant than sex in the park, but alas, I suppose I'm more important in his life. I continued to watch the fire as it grew even bigger.

Before I could grab some of the stolen food, Luke appeared in front of me. He grabbed my chin lightly, then kissed me. I foreshadowed the sex scene again, and I still had no clue over who the other person in the scene was. I kissed Luke back. "Yes?" I said.

"The light of the fire looks pretty shining on you." Luke said.

I blushed an even deeper red than the fire. "Thanks."

Before Luke could pull me in for another kiss, Calum approached us. He shouted a "hello" before sitting down between Luke and me and gazing at the fire. "You guys know how to make an awesome bonfire. Wow." He said.

"It was basically all Luke," I said. I grabbed a stolen sandwich and took a bite. "He's amazing."

Calum nodded. "He is amazing."

I looked at Calum, who smirked back at me. After learning that he's also Luke's, well, whatever it's called - fuck buddy - I subconsiously felt bad vibes coming from him. Or maybe that was jealously. Either way, I tried my best not to show it. I continued to stare at the tanned boy, and then I realised something. Immediately I felt quite tense.

"Michael?" Luke said. He had a mouthful of food. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I am." I lied.

"You don't look it," Calum said. He crawled behind me, then to my surprise started rubbing my shoulders (which were thankfully clothed, so I didn't need foreshadow him naked again). "Maybe you need a massage."

"Fuck off!" I said, shoving him off myself.

Luke swallowed his food, then crawled closer to Calum and me. "I know what this is," he said.

"What?" I snapped.

"You want a threesome."

Calum finally took his hands off of my shoulders. He made an understanding "oh".

I stood up. "No! No!" I buried my face in my hands, unsure over whether I should laugh or cry. I realised how mad I was for spending time with strangers even more the longer I spent with them. "No! That's exactly what I don't want."

"Are you sure?" Luke said. "I think sex by a bonfire would be quite interesting."

"Michael said no," Calum interrupted Luke. "Maybe another time."

I began to feel uneasy again. I thought back to the gnome; nothing I did with Luke seemed to make sense. The only reason I complied to what he wanted was purely because I'm infatuated by him. It was as if he had some strange power over me. What sane person would allow a stranger to kick everyone out of their lives just because he's attractive? I've never broken the law before, but I just ate a stolen sandwich. I had sex with Luke in front of a gnome. I instantly felt as mad as Luke was.

"Am I dreaming?" I said out loud.

"No." Luke said. "I just burnt myself on the fire. This is very much real."

"Well I don't want it to be real," I said. "You're nuts. I don't even feel like myself anymore."

Calum and Luke laughed. "Why?"

"Three days ago I was Hoodoo Michael. Now I'm some guy who fucks strangers in an abandoned village!"

"That was once," Luke corrected, smiling. "And knowing me for three days doesn't make me a stranger, does it?"

"Luke." I said. I tilted my head, then frowned. Luke looked up at me. "Who does the gnome remind you of?"

Luke paused. Silence fell over the three of us, and the only things we could hear were the sounds of our breathing and the crackling of the bonfire. Calum looked confused, clearly unaware of the gnome.

"Who?" I raised my voice.

Luke finally spoke. "Ashton."

"Who?" I repeated. My angry tone of voice turned into a confused one.

"He's another friend of mine. But if you think I'm mad, Michael, I don't know what you'll think of him."

Silence fell again. "Well," I said. Somehow it felt like I lost my sane mind again, because it was as if I wasn't controlling what I was saying. "I'd like to meet him."

--

The next few chapters kinda remind me of snow white lol

So yeah Michael thinks that Luke is mad hahah thoughts?

I hope you liked this chapter :D stuff is finally happening yay

Guys I went to this really olde English village yesterday and everything about it reminded me of Hoodoo omfg and I also got some inspiration for this story so yeah :D

I feel like an author doing their research haha. Now all I need to do is fuck Luke in a field lol

Okay until next week bye ily

-Celia