Chameleon is stinky (❤️)

"Chameleon?" Mangrove asked. "Where are you taking me?"

"Shh, it's a secret," he replied. "It's really important too."

"So important that you have to drag me out of my bed in the middle of the night into the heart of the rainforest?"

Chameleon grumbled. "I don't want anyone to hear us."

Mangrove paused. "Why?..."

"It's a secret, that's why."

"How about you actually tell me now instead of taunting me?"

Chameleon sighed. "Fine, fine, I'll do it."

"Finally..."

"Shut up," Chameleon said in a half-joking manner. "I need to just... talk to some sane dragon about disappearances."

"Is that why you pulled me out here? To rant and rave about how the queens aren't doing anything?"

"YES!" Chameleon hissed. "What else is a normal RainWing supposed to do?"

Mangrove rubbed his eyes. "I'm just as upset as you are, Chameleon, but you can't just be doing stuff like this."

"Like what?"

"You know, scream at the queens and other RainWings."

"Who cares about how they feel, they never cared about us anyways."

Chameleon saw Mangrove's scales slightly shift more orange in the pale moonlight. He's irritated by me...

"Oh, now you're upset?"

"Slightly," he said. "Because I was sleeping."

"Oh boo hoo, I dare wake up the precious Mangrove from his little nap time..."

"I get it, Chameleon... You can't sleep that long because of your snout."

"And I'm cursed with these hideous scales because of it. That's why they aren't listening to us, you know?"

"Huh?"

"They never cared about me, you already know that. They just think I'm crazy and trying to draw attention to myself when I'm just trying to tell them about all of this! Because you're friends with me, they think you're crazy too. Even Orchid thinks that."

"She does not," he said. "She helps me look and try and spread awareness of them."

"But is she just doing that because she likes you, or because she actually believes in it."

"Chameleon..." Mangrove sighed. "You can't just not trust dragons like that."

"Why not? They haven't done anything nice to me. They just stare and snicker at me behind my back. If they haven't done anything to even my trust, them they aren't getting any!"

"But you can't just wallow away and do... this! Maybe talk to them?"

"They see me as a freak, Mangrove," Chameleon said. "You're the only dragon alive to put up with me."

Mangrove kept silent for a while. The sounds of the bugs buzz around them as the gentle sounds of the leaves rustling was the only sounds in the air.

"Just go home," Mangrove spoke. "Can't we talk about this in the morning?"

Chameleon grumbled. "Fine, fine. Have it your way because you desperately need your beauty sleep, don't you?"

Mangrove sighed as he turned around, walking away from him. The green RainWing stood there, his talons digging into the ground.

"Stupid Mangrove, stupid RainWings..." Chameleon hissed as he paced around in a circle, swiping at the glass and leaves around him.

They don't care about me at all. They just think I'm a freak, a stain on their PERFECT tribe. It's all their fault. It's all the queens fault-

Suddenly, an idea struck the RainWing. The world seemed to get a bit more clear as the thought formed inside of his head.

It's... perfect.