Io the Bio (❤️)

Io always knew that the Poison Jungle basically meant death.

Going into it was practically suicide, at least that's what the HiveWings told her. But, even knowing that they're all just lazy, lying, good-for-nothing bugs, she still knew that the Jungle would be unpredictable and dangerous.

Unfortunately, you don't have very many choices when you're flying for your life.

Io barely had any energy left inside of her as she neared the gigantic and trees. She had always seen the Jungle from far away, and even then they were massive. Now that she was practically right before them? They towered over her, intimidating the SilkWing. She didn't know where to even go without hitting snout-first into a tree.

But, she took chance.

Taking a moment to look back, she saw the HiveWing guards still following closely behind her. Three of them, each a different shade of a dark red, all were closing in on her.

"Good luck finding me now!" Io called out to them as she dove down into the mass of vines and greenery.

A flurry of smells and beautiful colours overwhelmed the SilkWing as she narrowly dodged the plants and vines. It was sweet, damp and wonderful. The closest thing she could compare it too was a bakery, except this one only cooked and fried fresh raindrops.

In fact, the smell was almost overpowering Io. She flew for a few more seconds before eventually fall down, making sure she would be safe. The soft crunch of the moist ground beneath her was satisfying as she looked around, taking in the sights and sounds.

She could hear the gentle, yet constant hums of bugs as well as the calls of birds. She had read about the many different species of birds in the Poison Jungle and how they would sing for their mate, but nothing prepared her for the beautiful chirps and voices of them. It sounded like the jungle itself was speaking to her, trying to calm her.

The vines and dense foliage all around her made her feel safe, hidden. No wonder why LeafWings liked it so much, at least when they were alive. Io felt comforted by the protection it gave her, like she could move anywhere and nothing would see her. The gorgeous shades of greens and vibrant reds, oranges and yellows from exotic flowers nearby

It was magical, like a scene from a fantasy novel was unfolding right before her eyes.

Io hesitantly began to walk around, thinking about what she's going to do.

I can stay in here for maybe a day or two until the HiveWings go away. They can't possibly find me in here. Besides, they're too stupid to not run into some dangerous... deadly plant.

Io kept on thinking to herself as she walked through the forest, looking all around her. She still felt worried and anxious about those HiveWings, even if they probably were still outside of the jungle. Regardless, she was definitely going deeper into this serene place.

After a few minutes of aimless walking, Io felt a sudden jolt ripped through her body as a new scent came to her. It was rich, tangy, and extremely sweet. Her mouth began to salivate as she looked for the source of it. Following the trail like a starving rat, she found a giant spikey plant with hundreds of smaller bristles petruding from it.

"Woah..." Io gasped in awe, admiring it. She had never even heard of a type of plant that looked like this in any of the books. However, she wondered if this was like those plants that bugs would get their nutrients from. She remembered hearing about that from Swordtail.

Swordtail...

It feels like forever since she had seen him again, even if it had only been a few days. She was worried about him, about Blue.