Best Guardian Ever (💀🗯💔🩹)

"Lizard," Cottonmouth said. "Did you do what I said?"

The small dragonet lifted her head up. "Yeah... I moved the vines over a bit to the left out of the way of those dragons, just like you said."

"Good, good..." Cottonmouth clicked his tongue. "So tell me, why are the dragons now BURNING THE VINES?!"

Lizard's head shot straight up as she scrambled to her talons. "Wait, what?"

"You mean to tell me that you DIDN'T feel it burning? Can you not see that these pests are killing us?!"

"I- I didn't know!"

"Ohh... you didn't know now, did you?" The man paced around. "Then... hm, tell me why the vines were moved to the right and CLOSER to these leaf and beetle dragons?"

Cottonmouth could see the colour drain from Lizard's eyes, being replaced with fear. "I'm sorry..."

"Yeah, yeah..." he rolled his eyes. "Sorry doesn't cut it! The- these VERMINS of YOUR KIND are trampling all over MY land! MY kingdom!"

"I know..."

"They're tearing up the roots and burning them all! They figured it out, those RATS. Now they're attacking a full area of the Breath of Evil because YOU moved it to RIGHT instead of the LEFT!"

"I- I'm sorry..." Lizard whimpered, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. "I don't know my left and rights..."

"You- you what?"

"Y- you never taught me," she said. "I just guessed..."

"Is that my fault then?" Cottonmouth let out a small, exasperated chuckle. "Is- is you not knowing the most basic concept MY fault that now my kingdom is going up in flames?!"

Lizard didn't speak.

"IS IT?!"

"No..." she whimpered, looking at the ground.

Cottonmouth just stared at the dragonet. "Do you think this is funny?"

"No-"

"Is this some sort of game to you?" He walked closer towards her. "These dragons can't be controlled, they learned that burning it can get into them. They're wearing masks and- UGH! Everything is going down the drain because of YOU not being able to LISTEN!"

Cottonmouth rolled his eyes. "But of course, I should've expected this to happen. You are just a STUPID dragon who doesn't even know their lefts and rights..."

Lizard covered her ears and closed her eyes. "No, no..."

"What? Are you trying to hide? How pathetic..." Cottonmouth loomed closer and closer to her.

"Please don't hurt me..."

"Oh, is that what you want?" He snickered. "You only care now because you're afraid of me. Good, good... Nice knowing that you don't care about me and the work I've done."

"Mh..."

"But, look on the bright side!" Cottonmouth raised his arms. "You'll finally get to learn something so basic and simple that you lizards can't seem to understand."

Cottonmouth placed one hand on Lizard's neck. "This one is my left arm..."

"No, don't please!"

"And this one... is my right!"

In one swift move, the man pressed his fingers against the dragonet's neck and squeezed hard. He could feel her heart beginning to race as she tried to swipe and claw at him.

All of Cottonmouth's efforts went into one thing, teaching her a lesson.

He could feel her getting more and more desperate, now trying to focus on breathing. Yet, this only made his squeeze harder.

Then, after a few more moments, Lizard closed her eyes. A little while later, her chest stopped moving.

She was dead, but not for long.

"Useless waste of effort..." Cottonmouth raised the dragonet and tossed her to the side, her body falling and rolling on the floor of the mindspace like a doll.

"Of all of the dragons to bring with them, those stupid underlings of mine brought me the worst of the bunch," he said to himself, staring at the corpse of the child.

"Everything is just your fault. If it wasn't for you I'd be ruling all of Pyrrhia, or perhaps I would just be the sole host of the Breath of Evil. You just had come come along and ruin everything for me, did you?"

Minutes later, he saw the orange claws twitch again. Following soon after, Lizard lurched upwards and grabbed her own neck, tears coming down her face.

"Have you learned?" Cottonmouth asked. "Now do you know to listen to me? Now do you know your lefts from your rights?"

The dragonet just laid there on the ground, breathing heavily and rapidly.

"ANSWER ME!"

"Y- yes..." she choked out.

"Good. Now, let me try and deal with this mess that you all started." He turned around and walked away from Lizard, completely and utterly disgusted with her.