A Thrilling Evening (❤️)

"It's always lovely whenever you two are over," Scarlet said, "rarely am I given a proper excuse to host a dinner party. It gives me a chance to talk with some like-minded dragons. Too few are the generals actually entertaining. Too focused on battles and fighting in the planning and war sense to be enjoyable."

"Are we not here on the basis that this is a diplomatic meeting though?" Moorhen asked.

"Well, that is true, but not all diplomatic meetings need to entirely be all strategies and planning and such. I believe you said before that these nights are more about the queens bonding and growing to trust one another than it is about the subjects we talk about, no?" She glanced at the MudWing queen.

"Just try to keep things on topic, won't you?" Burn commented, looking down at the SkyWing. "You are a pleasant host, but I have better things to talk about."

"Oh please, as though you don't find it fun to talk with us," she playfully said. Burn didn't respond, instead continuing to walk in silence. Disappointed by her lack of input, she frowned. "I suppose you can be that way then."

The trio continued before finally getting to the dining hall. Two guards opened the massive doors, revealing the inside. A sprawling hall that stretched quite a distance. A crescent-shaped marble table sat in the middle, adorned with several gems and jewels. It was lit by candlelight, both from the ones on the table and the chandeliers above. Murals were etched into the walls, depicting the rich and mythical history of the SkyWings.

"Come now. The cooks are preparing our meals. The appetizers will arrive soon, don't you worry." Scarlet slunk into her own special throne, picking up a chalice. But, as she pressed it to her lips, no drink was there.

She hissed at it. "Somebody forgot to pour the wine! Servant!"

Moments later, a scrawny young SkyWing popped out from a nearby room. On a platter were several different wines. "Terribly, terribly sorry, my queen," they apologize. "Now, which one would you like--" Scarlet didn't wait for them to finish before ripping the platter from their claws.

"We can select ourselves," she snarled. "Off with you now! Guards! Find whoever was supposed to pour the wine and throw them in the dungeon! There's no excuse for neglecting such a simple task."

She then turned back to the other queens. "Useless is what they are," she spat. "At least they brought us some quality drink, no? Here, make your choice. I personally just adore this one. It has such a rich and deep flavor." The queen held up an orange bottle, popping off the cork and letting the vibrant red liquid pour into her glass.

"Ooh, what's it called?" Moorhen inquired. "Or what winery it's from."

Scarlet shrugged. "Don't know. All I know is that it's divine. You both have to try it. It's an order, as per my rules."

"Why bother giving us a choice if you only want us to drink one wine?" Burn picked up another bottle, inspecting it.

"Hush now. You'll love it, I just know you will. Something to lighten you up! You're so serious all of the time. It's a dinner party after all, you're free to have some fun."

Burn grimaced. "Thanks for insulting me."

She scoffed. "See what I mean? I was having some light banter, and you come in and make it all grounded and unfun." She took a sip, basking in the flavors of her drink. "Either way, drink up. We've got plenty, so don't be shy."

Moorhen poured her own glass from the same fiery orange bottle. "So, how are things in your kingdoms? So many troops are coming back in mine. Many dead, several more wounded and in need of service. It's rather nightmarish."