Firefork (💔🗯)

Firefly suddenly was pulled from her dreams, awoken by a the sudden roar from her mother. The year old dragonet's heart began to race.

What is going on? Is mommy okay?

"You blame me for the prophecy?" Her father said, his voice muffled by the walls, yet she could still sense his irritation.

"No..." Firefly whispered to herself. Whenever that prophecy that her mother was forced to be in was brought up, it was usually in an argument.

They're fighting again...

Firefly pulled her blanket over her head, trying to shift her scales to be invisible. She didn't know why, but she felt safer not being seen; even though nobody was around to see her.

She held her talons over her ears, rolling around in her hammock to try and do anything to block it out.

And yet, some of the fighting got through.

"You WHAT?!"

"It- it was only a few and I felt awful-"

"Deathbringer! You HELPED Mastermind?!"

Guilt overwhelmed Firefly for no reason at all. It was all her fault that this was going on, as far as she was concerned. Her father, Deathbringer, once told her that he didn't want to have a hatchling when she was very little, but her mother, Glory, wanted one so bad.

He probably thinks that she forgot, considering that he was mostly talking to himself and that this had happened months ago.

Yet, this thought constantly lingered in her mind. It was anything but forgotten.

Firefly buried her snout in her wings, reaching around for her stuffed animal. It was a sloth, one that uncle Jambu and her made together when she was really young. It smelt of campfire, mint, old fabric and memories. Good, happy memories.

"I thought I knew you! I thought I loved you!"

"I never loved you either!" Deathbringer yelled back. "I only talked to you that day because I was nervous to kill dragons so close to my age. You looked upset, and me, being a stupid dragonet, thought I could do something."

"Stop it..." Firefly whimpered as she tried to wipe her tears with the arms of her sloth plush. If uncle Jambu were here, he'd scoop her up and go on a little adventure with her. He'd show her the Rainforest Kingdom and all of its wonders.

She just wanted to be at his place whenever her parents fought. She loved her mother and father dearly, but them fighting was... scary.

She didn't want both of them to be angry or mad at each other. They're supposed to love each other. The stories always say that the prince and princess always are happy when they become kings and queens.

Does having dragonets make you sad? Does it make you hate each other? Does it kill the love you once had?

Firefly didn't know, but all she knew was that her parents seemed a lot happier when she wasn't a thing they had to deal with.

Jambu is happy with Pineapple. If they have a kid, would that make them like her parents too?

Hopefully not. The thought of Uncle Jambu and Pineapple hating each other shook her to her core.

Firefly held her stuffed animal tighter as the fighting got quieter. However, she could still hear what they were saying.

"I just want Firefly to grow up in a place where she feels loved and safe."

"Me too."

"Then you got to start acting like a good queen and a good mother. Or else, you'll end up like Coral."

Then, the fighting picked back up again.

"Are you trying to compare me to Coral?"

"I can't anymore..."

"Neither can I!"

A door slammed shut, startling Firefly. She tried to stay as quiet as she could, fearful that making the smallest of noises would upset them. Her crying and making a scene would just annoy them and make them hate her more.

It was better to just... keep quiet and wait for this to all blow over...