Stonemover almost dies (🗯💔)

Stonemover sat alone in his cave, quietly playing with some stones. It had been a rather uneventful day, despite all of the possible chaos happening outside.

Sunny had come by earlier that week to him about a new... visitor. Even thinking about him sent a chill down his spine. He had thought the dragon to be a myth for so long, a ghost story that only somebody like him would still believe in.

Darkstalker, the mad animus.

The dragon who forced his father to tear out his own stomach. The animus who manipulated and hurt basically everyone. The NightWing who forced his entire tribe into hiding after cursing their old kingdom for all of time.

Someone who Stonemover was terrified of becoming.

Even before discovering his magic, he was scared of Darkstalker. Such a pure evil dragon that just meant nothing but trouble and pain that used his limitless powers to control and spread chaos. Power corroded his soul and turned what could've been a normal dragon into an absolute monster, unable to be contained and controlled.

Him and Albatross, those were the animi that scared the NightWing. Seemingly normal, if not charming animus dragons that could completely destroy everything and anything.

If it could happen to them, it could happen to him.

Stonemover didn't want that to happen, obviously. He didn't want to be this malevolent creature that's feared across the continent. What wasn't what he wanted to be known as.

If anything, he didn't want to be known as anything. Power went to those dragon's heads, did they not? If he were to use his magic without care, even if it's used sparingly, it could turn him into one of them.

So, he promised himself something. He enchanted himself so that his body would pay the price. For the rest of his life, his body would slowly turn to stone more and more, the process speeding up whenever he made an enchantment.

He already deemed himself unforgivable when creating the tunnel between the Rainforest Kingdom and the Volcano. Seeing what horrors the scientists were going to do to those poor RainWings made him regret ever uttering those words.

In his own eyes, he was a monster, just like Darkstalker and Albatross. While not directly, he helped with their cause. He allowed for them to kidnap those dragons and force them through unethical 'experiments'.

All he could do was distance himself from others and try his best to die quietly. He didn't want to be missed. He didn't want to be a burden on anybody. It was better for everyone, especially for those he loved most.

It was nice that way. He didn't hurt anybody and vice versa. Just peace and quiet...

"HEY!!!"

A yelp came from the entrance from his cave, startling him. At first, he thought it was crying out for help, but as the screamed echoed bounced around the cavern, he picked up on the tone. It was spiteful, filled with annoyance and hate.

Oh no.

"You better be in here, you lying son of a salamander!" The voice was familiar, yet it did not belong to anybody that he was close with. It was male but carried too much malice and resentment to be from Starflight or Clay. Was it one of the students?

His question was soon answered when the dragon turned the corner, revealing himself to be a young crimson red SkyWing. Charcoal black horns and claws... It was all too recognizable.

Except for one thing, which was surprising to see absent. The long, rather nasty scar that was branded on his snout.

It was gone, scrubbed entirely from his face.