6 ~ Honeymoon ~ 2

It only took well over a year to continue writing this story and post😳

Started: April 9, 2023
Finished: May 6, 2023

Yes, I only spent a month on this. It certainly could've been better.

🍪🍪🍪

Previously:
"I... I thought you liked... Sabrina," she said with a weak voice.

"Livvy, look at me." His other hand stretched out to hold her left. "Livvy... look at me," he repeated. "Please."

She did, only slightly lifting her head but enough to directly look him in the eyes. "How could I like her... when I love... you?"

***

Olivia stared at him like a deer in headlights. She thought her injuries were now affecting her hearing. "Wha... What?" Her voice was barely there.

Joshua smiled to no end. "I love you, Liv."

She was absolutely astonished. "B- B- But I... I don't..." Her brain was spinning; it felt like she had just exited one of those whirling cup rides at a theme park.

Joshua started to panic seeing her struggle to speak. "Here," he said, handing her the water cup. She took it slowly. "I'm sorry if this isn't the right time, but it's true... if that counts for anything," he chuckled nervously.

Olivia slowly drank the water, trying to breathe through her nose too. She pulled the cup away from her mouth, and Joshua set it back on the table. "S- Sorry," she stammered. "I, uh... I'm just kind of shocked."

"There's no doubt I have feelings for you. I don't see any other way to describe it."

"Wait, seriously though? I genuinely thought you liked her. Or at least anyone else."

"I've loved you for nearly a year now."

Olivia shied away at his word choice. "R- Really?" That's just... such a heavy word.

"Mhm." Joshua felt that he was coming on too strong. He saw her start to fidget with her fingers. "I understand if you think it's too soon, but it's been eating me alive not telling you. I've blown every chance before now, and I just... I wanted you to know."

Olivia beamed and blushed intensely. Her eyes flicked between him and the floor, not able to hold eye contact. "Josh... you... you make me so insanely happy. My heart goes crazy whenever I'm with you."

Joshua took that as a hint to stop using the L-word. "I feel like there's a but coming along," he guessed anxiously.

"Not quite. I just want to know what happened to us."

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I guess the distance became too much."

"We went from talking every day though to complete silence. I mean, we're both at fault for it, but I just..."

He squeezed her hand tighter. "Just say it. Doesn't matter to me if you don't feel the same way." I mean it does but don't want her to feel pressured to say something.

"No, I mean it when I say I like you too. I really like being around you, and you make me feel like I'm on cloud nine."

Joshua beamed again. "You still haven't said what the but was."

Olivia held his hand with both of hers. "Do you... Do you think us being more than friends is a good idea right now? I mean, we haven't really talked in months, and it's been kind of awkward since we've been on this mountain. Not to mention the crisis of last night's hike."