2 ~ After Party

This is what happens at Ashlyn's house after the musical.

THE SEASON TWO PREMIERE IS TOMORROW!!!
I wanted to get this one-shot out before the first episode because we'll most likely know what really happens after tomorrow.

The start and finish gap is crazily huge to me😅

Started: June 19, 2020
Finished: November 30, 2020

🚩YAC doesn't exist (the trailer is proof all it does is cause problems for Rini).

🍪🍪🍪

3rd POV
"Great job tonight, Ricky," Nini says as she leaves the rather awkward conversation.

It's now or never. "I love you!" Ricky blurted, shocking both him and Nini. Nini spins around, stunned. He what?

No going back now, not that I'd want to. "I've loved you since the first time you picked up your ukulele, and you wrote a song about clouds. A silly little song about clouds; I love you." Both of their eyes were turning glossy.

"And that night in your room, when you told me you loved me, I meant to say it. I meant to say it! And I've kicked myself every day since then because I didn't say it, but I do; I love you. I've loved you since 7th grade when I made you ride in the front row of Demon's Destiny at Six Flags, and you told me you sometimes get a little seasick on rollercoasters. And I said, 'come on, live a little.'" I don't regret saying any of this, but boy, am I running out of air.

"I remember," she said, using all her willpower to hold the tears back. God, my emotions are all over the place.

"And then I puked all over your shoes, and you didn't even make me feel bad about it. No, you just said..." Crap, what was it?

"'No worries, been wanting to get rid of these shoes for a while.'" Lord have mercy, my vision is getting blurrier.

"Because you outgrew them. The thing is, I never outgrew you. And I don't really know what happens tomorrow or in two minutes when we walk out that door. All I know is I want this feeling to keep going. Because this whole experience, I'm just not ready for it to be over. For us to be, I mean. And if that means doing another musical, then fine!" Honestly, I'd do anything if it meant keeping her in my life.

"I get to pick the musical," Nini quickly says, adding a laugh.

"Fine, that's fine! It's all fine! I just don't want this to be just a showmance, really. I want it to be the real thing. I mean I think it is the real thing. I just want a chance to prove it, I do. I mean, look-" As much as I love this, I know if I don't stop him now, we'll still be standing here for the next hour.

"Ricky, um, you know how in musicals when people burst into song when they've run out of things to say?"

He nods, not sure why she's asking. "Yeah."

She takes a step closer to the boy before speaking. "Sometimes it's easier just to kiss." Go big or go home.

"Yeah?" What is happening?

"Yeah." They both rush towards each other and pour their hearts into the kiss. It doesn't even feel like they ever broke up. I missed this, they both think.

They pull back with equally large grins on their face. Ricky leans back a little with satisfaction. I got her back.

Now's the time. Nini pulls the red pouch out of her backpack with the dog tag. "What's this?" Ricky asks, looking between her and the gift.