3 ~ To: Freaky Callback Boy.

I started writing this on June 27, 2020, at 2 am. I always have my best ideas when I'm supposed to be sleeping😅

Writer's block was crazy in this chapter. Obviously, I wasn't writing this every second of every day, but I finally finished this part on January 13, 2021 (which is almost seven damn months).

Also, this book has 1000 reads?!?! How?? There have only been two storylines put out😂

🍪🍪🍪

"See, I told you she'd be here," Kourtney says to Ashlyn as they open the door.

"Sorry for thinking she might be at her own house," Ashlyn says.

"She hasn't been to her house in a while; we should just stop checking there."

"Hey, guys," Nini says, not looking up from the guitar in her lap. She doesn't know how to play yet, but she's learning. At the moment she's just staring, admiring it.

"Nini, I thought you said you'd go out with us today," Kourtney said.

"I know what I said," she says, still not looking at them.

"C'mon, it's summer break! We only have a limited amount of time before we become college freshmen. You don't want to spend it cooped up in this room, do you?" Ashlyn asks. She's lost track of how many times they've failed at trying to get Nini to enjoy herself.

"Ok, I made it; my phone fell between the seats," Gina says, entering the room. "How are we gonna get her out this time? Persuasion or bluntness?"

"I'm thinking brute force," Kourtney whispers.

"I can still hear you guys; the room isn't that big," Nini says.

"Come on Nini! Bowling, ice cream, the mall? Simply going outside! Anything besides staying in here," Ashlyn pleads.

"For how long?" Nini asks her friends.

"Until there's a genuine and bright smile on your face," Kourtney says.

Nini chuckles dryly at her answer. "There's only one thing that can make that happen."

She wasn't the same bright and bubbly Nini she was only so many months ago. She was more isolated, more likely to stay away from any other human. She was always in her head, a now dark place. March 12, 2021, changed her.

"Nini." They were all sitting on the bedroom floor, trying to get her to look at them. "It's been almost three months. Three! Yes, we're all still sad, but don't you think it's time you stopped shutting us out? It's summer break! No drama, no school, no work, not a care in the world. We need to enjoy this while we can before school and reality slaps us in the face," Kourtney says.

"Hey, Nini," Mike says, standing in the doorway. Nini looks up when she hears his voice. "Your moms wanted me to make sure you're eating enough, so I wanted to bring this up," he says, holding a plate of Chinese food.

"Thanks." She takes the plate but doesn't start eating.

"Also, I can assure you that that guitar isn't going to go anywhere. I miss him too, but you can go out with your friends," he says and starts down the stairs. Nini looks back down at the guitar in her lap and avoids eye contact.

"See," Kourtney says, dragging out the word, "even Mr. Bowen is saying you should come with us. We won't keep you out all day, just for a few hours at least. What do you say?"