11 ~ The Parts We're Playing

It only took over a year to start!!

I'm finally getting around to this one (and I haven't forgotten about the other).

Suggested by mebedumb

Started: July 20, 2023
Finished: August 1, 2023

🍪🍪🍪

I fell in love
With the only girl who knows what I'm about

Joshua looks across the set, all of his breath leaving his body. He couldn't believe it; she looks absolutely adorable. They were onto episode eight of the third season, which was depressing enough for the cast since they had reached yet another finale.

He knows he still isn't over her, even with all the problems that they went through. They barely even talked during season two's production unless it was their characters or group hangouts; never alone.

He thought sometimes that his mind had a strange kink for self-torture since he could only think of their best moments. It's for the best, he reminds himself. We're better off this way.

"Bro, you ready?" Matt nudges his shoulder.

Joshua looks between his best friend and the girl he was ultimately head over heels for. "Mhm. Ready as I'll ever be."

Joshua keeps his head down as he passes her on his way to the set. He thought he was moving fast enough to be ignored, but he was apparently wrong. "Hey, Josh! Wait up!"

He cringes, yet his heart flutters at the same time at the sound of her voice. He turns around slowly. "Hmm?"

Olivia stands in front of him. It was a friendly distance yet still close enough to make his heart beat crazily. "I, um... This is for you." She pulls something small out of her back pocket and hands it to him.

Joshua flips it over and raises a brow. "Gum?"

She nods. "Yeah. I- I figured you forgot your own, a- and you always chew it to calm you down from a big scene."

Joshua couldn't help the grin on his face. She remembered? "Th- Thanks, Liv. It'll definitely come in handy." He did forget to bring some himself.

"No problem."

"See you on set?"

"Yeah, see you in a minute." Olivia waves before walking off in front of him.

Joshua smiles as she leaves, glancing at the gum packet in his hand. I can't believe she remembered that. It was the little gestures that made her so irresistible to him.

I fell in love
With a boy, and I can't tell if I fell out

Olivia knew she was lying to herself. She knew it was awfully shitty of her to use her last boyfriend as a distraction; she knew from the start that he was just a rebound. She'd also be lying if she said it didn't sting every time a new headline came out about Joshua's relationship status.