12 ~ I don't

After almost a year, I'm finally getting around to it!!

Suggested by mebedumb

Started: August 2, 2023
Finished: August 9, 2023

Yes, I somehow finished this one in a week.

🍪🍪🍪

The filming of season three is underway, and everyone is ecstatic to be back. They are in California this time since it is based in a summer camp. They have just completed the first two episodes, and everyone's energy is through the roof.

Olivia stands outside the set as she waits for her Uber. She thinks it's taking an unreasonable amount of time, especially considering that the sun was down. She's almost tempted to cancel it and call one of the others to pick her up, but she also believes that that would be unfair. It's not their fault that her scenes were running late for some reason.

She wraps her tiny sweater tighter around herself. She knew that her singing scenes would take place once the sun was down, but it felt abnormally chilly for California weather. She continues checking her phone, wondering where the car could be. Matt somehow forgot his own at his parents' house in Arkansas, so he borrowed hers to pick up Larry and Joe from the airport; she didn't think it would take this long.

Olivia soon hears footsteps behind her and begins to panic. She places one hand in her purse and keeps a firm grip on her phone. She peeks from the corner of her eye to get a glimpse of who is coming toward her. She breathes a heavy sigh of relief when she recognizes the silhouette with unruly hair on top.

Olivia is glad that someone else was out here with her, but she also hopes that the small talk will be kept to a minimum.

"Hey," he says casually. "What are you still doing here?"

No big deal. You've talked before. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I was recording the full version of 'Finally Free.' Now why are you still here?"

"My scenes were running late. I'm just waiting on an Uber."

"I thought you had your car here."

"I let Matt borrow it. Larry and Joe booked themselves later flights to not stress about getting there on time so early in the morning. I wasn't exactly thinking about all the timings and assumed he would've been done and back by now." Olivia goes back to looking at her phone, wanting the conversation to end there.

"A- Are you coming to In N Out?"

She grins and looks at him again. "What kind of question is that? Of course!"

Joshua chuckles. "I should've known." Silence falls, the two staring at the ground. A thought crosses Joshua's mind that he is heavily debating. This could either be kinda fun or terribly awkward. "I- I could give you a ride."