Chapter 15

Bella's POV

After getting off the phone with the lawyer I found out my Dad died of a heart attack and named me next of kin. Also, that he had many lose ends that were now left for me to tie up. One of the few was his house and his belongings. Well I was on the phone, the Carl and the girls were backing up their clothes. Anthony was on my laptop looking at flights. Honestly, I was kind of thinking about running the whole way to forks but it was too far for the kids.

"Okay the flight is booked and all our passports are all set" Anthony tells me.

"Thank you, sweetie," I smile weakly at him. He hugs me before going to pack his clothes. Carl comes from the hall leading to our rooms setting all girls suitcases by the door.

"Carl," I grab his attention as I sit on the couch, "come sit with me for a minute" I smile sadly at him. He hasn't cried once since we got the news last night. My muscular rock of a son is always there for his sisters especially Nessie. Honestly all of my children are quite protective of Nessie. Her being the youngest and smallest of her siblings.

Carl comes and sits beside me. Leaning forward with his arms resting on his knees. I rub his back watching him for a minute. His face is hard and sad, tears filling his eyes but never falling

"How are you doing?" I ask him concern filling my voice.

"Just trying to be there for Nessie, Rose and Ali" he tells me looking at me giving me a sad smile.

"I know you want to be their rock, but it's okay if you cry too Carl" as I tell him this venom tears fill my eyes. Watching me tear up makes him let loose a couple of his own tears. He doesn't sob. Just slowly starts to cry. I hug him as I let him get it all out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay that's the last of the suitcases mom" Anthoney tells me as Carl closes the trunk of our SUV. I nod solemnly dreading going back to forks praying the Cullen's weren't there again. I know it hasn't been long enough for them to come back yet but I couldn't help the fear of seeing him again. We quickly got to the airport and got our car set up to be flown to Port Angles.

On the plane I was doing my very best to ignore the heart beats and the intense smell of blood all around me. I didn't breathe and wore noise canceling headphones to try to block out the sound as best as I could. thankfully the flight passes quickly and we landed in Port angles.

We got out of the airport as fast. We rented a SUV and giving our phone number to the airline that is flying our car here have them call us when it lands. On the road now the girls are asleep in the back Nessie leaning on Carl as he snores fast asleep as well. Anthony though stays awake. Using the excuse that my human memory of the way to Forks may be too fuzzy. Before I know it, we are passing the welcome sign to forks.

We don't stop anywhere just go straight to my fathers house. We park in the driveway and I'm pretty surprised to see my old truck still here. I smile fondly at it as the kids get out and grab our luggage. I walk up and unlock the door with my old key. Kinda surprised Dad hadn't changed the locks in a while. I let the kids in and they bring in all our stuff. It warms my heart to see hardly anything has changed in the past 15 years.

"Okay sleeping arrangements. Anthony and Carl, you can sleep in grandpas room. Girls I only have a double in my old room so its up to you guys on who what's to sleep on the couch" I tell them as I walk to the kitchen. It was getting kinda late and I knew the kids would be hungry soon. I know I'm at least thirsty. I open the fridge seeing exactly what I expected. An empty fridge with a couple of beers. I sigh shaking my head smiling, Charlie never changes. I hear the Rose and Ali arguing about who will get to sleep on the couch not even letting Nessie offer to sleep out here. Well the boys are looking over the stuff in dads room.