Chapter 16

Bella's POV

After we got home from the hunt last night I sent the kids to their rooms for the night. I didn't see who took the couch out of the girls I was too stressed, so I stayed sitting on the porch watching the snow fall. Watched the sun slowly raise behind the clouds. A new day beginning. Sighing, I stand up going inside and changing my clothes. Luckily the kids were all still asleep. I get dressed in a professional look and doing my dark rich brown locks up. I write a note to the kids telling them I went to meet with the lawyer and writing them a grocery list and leaving my credit card. With that I'm out the door with the keys to my old truck. I run my hand over the faded red hood.

"Hey old girl... long time no see" I jump in and drive off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After finishing all the paperwork I happily left that office around Noon. Happy to have everything of my fathers in my name. Happy to not have to worry about it now. I was ready to just mourn peacefully not having to stress about sorting out his affairs anymore. Well besides the funeral. After getting in the truck, I check my phone seeing a couple of messages from the kids and a missed call from the airline. The kids mostly messaged me about bailing on giving them answers. I mean they are not wrong I'm just having a hard time sorting out my thoughts on the shifters myself. I sigh nice again before calling Anthony.

"Hey Mom Anthony's Phone" Ali picks up. I should have known she's answer.

"Hi Ali. Can you put Anthony on?" I chuckle into the phone. I hear her groan on the other end.

"Fine here he is" It goes quiet for a moment well she gives him the phone.

"Hey Mom what's up?" Anthony asks.

"Sorry I bailed this morning on explaining things still kind of trying to figure out most of it myself still" I tell him as I rub my face.

"No I get it Rose and carl were just teasing we know your still dealing with stuff too. Nessie and Carl went to the store like you asked. Are you finished with the lawyer?" His words filled with concern.

"Yeah, all Grandpa's affairs are taken care of. I still have to go to the funeral home and also stop by the police station to get his stuff from his office. So, I'll probably be home around 4 or 5 tonight. I'll explain those wolves when I get home" I tell him the rest of my plans for today, "Oh before I forget the airline called so can you tell Rose and Ali to go Port Angeles. The car landed a couple of hours ago" I inform him.

"Yeah, no problem, Mom we got it handled you go deal with arranging Grandpa's funeral" he reassures me.

"Thank you, sweetie. Tell everyone I love them. Love you Anthony" I say smiling.

"We love you too Mom see you when you get home" he tells me before he hangs up the phone. Okay next stop funeral home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting Charlie's funeral date, everything else arranged, and buying the bulk invitations the funeral home sells I leave. I stopped at the station surprising everyone with my presence. I quietly pack Dad's things and get the addresses of all the officers to send them invites. I hardly said anything to anyone besides 'thank you for your concern'. When I finish at the station I get out as fast as I can and drive my old truck home. When I arrive I see our car in the driveway and the rental gone. As soon as I get out a stranger's scent and human blood hits my nose full force. I rush to the house as fast as I can going human pace. I barrel though the door growling seeing Ali and Rose tending to a bleeding out human male that is unconscious and deadly pale. In the back yard Anthony and Carl are doing their best to hold back a newborn vampire.