[Chapter 1] - The Meeting

The Zoldyck estate was one of the most protected crime family syndicate bases located in Yorknew. From the location to the workers and even the family members, nothing was known about them besides their last name.

She'd only ever met Mr. Zoldyck once when running into him on an errand outside of Yorknew in the Dentora Region of the Republic of Padokea. And their introductions were very short.

Running put her in a position to have access to a flip phone with their saved contact in it. Though, she's never had to use it till then. It was to be used in case of any "mishaps". Or so they said.

The car passed through many gates before they arrived at the front of the estate. Many guards were standing at the foot of the stairs leading to the front doors. Though intimidating, Y/n felt no sense of panic.

Mr. Zoldyck stepped out of the car, Y/n following suit. They pass by the guards and enter through the front doors of the estate. Y/n held her composure, her expression never faltering.

"On our way over, I sent notice to the other groups and called a meeting. They should be here now," the silver-haired boy explained as they walked through the foyer.

The estate was not what Y/n had been expecting. It was quite barer than she would have presumed, though it still kept an elegant look.

They arrived at a large wooden door. On the other side, they could hear many voices arguing with one another. The atmosphere inside felt hostile.

The boy looked over to Y/n with an inquisitive look, "will you be alright entering?"

"I'm fine. Are you?"

He brushed her off with a scowl and pushed the door open. Inside revealed a large wooden table, seated around it were many crime bosses and family heads. The arguing quieted down as everyone placed their eyes on them.

"So, the brats finally show up."

"They call the meeting and then are late themselves," one grumbled.

The silver-haired boy left her side to join the table of irritated figures, "pipe down would ya? You're givin' me a headache." They all looked at him with flaming eyes.

"Shut it boy, we're angry because one of our key revenue streams has been cut off," an old man yelled.

"It's your fault your group profits off a precarious business," he spat back.

The arguing started to pick up again and during this time Y/n found a place in the corner of the room to stand, not wanting to get in the way of all the fighting. She glanced around the room, looking at all the different people sitting around the table. There were a lot of powerful figures here today, and she couldn't lie, she wasn't intimidated before, but she was now. The sheer power that they all held. With one simple command, this whole place could turn into a war zone without warning.

In a sea of all these powerful figures, she felt small, just as she had back in Meteor city.

After leaving Meteor city, she left that powerless version of her behind. She grew confident in herself, and she held her head high. But at that moment, she went back to being a little girl who was used and broken. And she didn't like the feeling, it was obvious as her hands began to shake, but she stopped it before anyone could notice. She wouldn't let anyone see her like that ever again.

"So where do you even find him," a man asked the silver-haired boy. He looked over to you and then back at the man, "Y/n called the estate to let us know, but other than that we haven't questioned her further. I wanted her to tell us when we were all together, so no one would miss any information."