[Chapter 11] - Together, Threatened Again

☽ ✧ ☾

Just as he was leaving, Kurapika turned around and took a moment, "good work," he said just before closing the door behind him – but the door never shut.

A hand stopped the door in place. Kurapika felt a hand snake around his arm. It held on tightly as it pulled him back. Y/n breathed softly in his ear. She closed the bedroom door behind her and stood silently behind him as neither of them moved.

It was dark. The hallway in Kurapika's apartment was windowless. His eyesight was completely dark which heightened his senses. He felt the warmth on his skin coming from behind him. He slowly turned around, Y/n's grip loosening as he did so. Her hand slid down his arm and to his hand.

His breaths were slow, matching hers as she slowly brought his hand to her back. He instinctively pulled her closer. Their chests touched ever so lightly, but with their heightened senses, it felt like an electric shock.

"I like when you praise me," she whispered. She leaned in closer to him as he stood speechless. Her hands moved up to his face. She slipped one arm around his neck. With her other hand, she traced his jawline with her fingers, lightly teasing him. She couldn't see his face, but his skin was hot to the touch.

Kurapika pulled her even closer to him with the hand she had placed on her back. "Yeah?" he whispered. Their faces were as close as a couple of nights ago, inches apart.

Y/n melted at his voice. A voice she missed longingly. Being together had done something to her. She didn't know what it was or why, but she couldn't stop thinking about him. He consumed her mind throughout the day and night.

Being apart had broken any rationality she held that night. Y/n leaned forward and pressed her lips against his, all forms of clear judgment leaving her thoughts. He didn't refuse and found himself consumed with the soft touch of her lips against his. The kiss was gentle as they clung to each other.

Kurapika walked forward, moving Y/n back. Her back met the door as they relaxed into each other's touch. He held her tightly, hand on her back while the other rested on the wall, keeping balance.

Y/n's body burned as she snaked her hand into his hair. She pulled his head back as they caught their breaths, but Kurapika quickly found her lips again. This time, the kiss was more passionate, more needy, rougher. It was clear they craved each other to the point where they could no longer hold back. When the tension became too high, they just couldn't stop themselves.

Their lips burned as they were led deeper into the kiss. Y/n's arms wrapped around his neck in an attempt to pull him closer to her, closer than he already was. She was needy, and she needed more of his touch.

Kurapika held rationality by a thread but quickly reeled it back in as he pulled back from her. Y/n panted as she tried to catch her breath. He slid a thumb across her lips. She grabbed his wrist bringing his hand away from her face, slipping her hand into his.

Kurapika leaned to the side of her face, "sleep," he whispered in her ear.

Goosebumps quickly spread over her body as he pulled away from her. He grabbed hold of the doorknob behind her and twisted it revealing the moonlight from the bedroom window. The light illuminated the two. Both of their lips visibly swelled.

Y/n stood in the doorway, leaning against it as her shoulder pressed into the wood, "you look like you need sleep yourself," she stated quietly. She stared into his eyes which were now illuminated by the moonlight. His eyes sparkled – and she could have sworn that they were burning the scarlet color of his earrings.