[Chapter 13] - It All Falls Silent

[A/N]:

Look for new chapters every Monday! ;)

☽ ✧ ☾

Kurapika stared daggers into the clown's eyes, "... Hisoka," he said upon seeing the familiar face.

Hisoka's grin widened and his eyes squinted because of it, "wasn't my information useful to you?" he asked.

Kurapika's brows furrowed. He began walking towards the clown.

Hisoka's eyes light up, "you'll never get a chance like this again," he said playfully.

Suddenly the lights in the auditorium shut off, leaving Kurapika's senses disoriented for a moment as his eyes tried to adjust to the dark. He kept his guard up knowing the clown was standing by him and the Phantom Troupe had infiltrated the scene.

Women and men alike screamed in fear. The crazed stampede of footsteps disoriented the Kurta. Not only was his sight taken away, but his hearing was being muffled. The crowd of panic slowly got quieter as Kurapika could imagine was because they were being cut down.

Soon he was able to see the outlines of objects, Hisoka's figure nowhere in sight. What he did see was a figure moving swiftly towards him. He was unable to react in time and he felt a sharp pain in the lower part of his waist. The cold and sharp object glided through Kurapika's side.

Kurapika held in his urge to scream, "fuck," he breathed.

"Kurapika," he heard Basho yell.

"I'm fine," Kurapika yelled back, "get out of here, you guys can't go up against them. You'll just be wasting your lives!"

Kurapika heard him hum in agreement, and the blond returned his attention to the fight ahead. His mind is still plagued by the appearance or rather alliance of Hisoka and the Phantom Troupe.

The figure, a man, laughed at Kurapika's pain, "glass is sure as hell sharp," he said, going to slash his arm, but missing and cutting the inside of Kurapika's palm.

"Picked this up on my way over to you," he chuckled showing off the piece of glass dripping in Kurapika's blood, "how'd you manage to sneak a gun into the auction? They confiscated all weapons upon entrance. Which is why we had to bust through the windows."

"It was simpler than it seems," Kurapika replied, "you just have to know the right people."

The man scoffed, "well, wouldn't want you shooting any of my companions," he said approaching Kurapika, "I would say I'd just take it from you, but you're going to die anyway, so it'll just save me some trouble if I just kill you here and now."

Kurapika knew he was in a bind. He could barely see and the pain in his side wouldn't stop. He was losing blood. The grip on his gun was becoming looser. He knew he was in trouble, but that didn't stop him from keeping his guard.

"I could say the same for you. If I killed you now, that would be 1 out of the rest of your troupe checked off on my hitlist," Kurapika smiled as he bit back the pain in his voice.

"Ha," the man screamed, "try me!"

The man rushed towards Kurapika at full speed. He was fast. His agility was on par, or better than that of Killua's - but he wasn't as intelligent as the Zoldyck.

This man was hot-tempered. He was the type of man to rush headfirst into a fight without a plan. Kurapika could tell that from his head-on confrontation, he wasn't thinking things through, and this was to his advantage. One that he needed.