The Picnic

Ebony
|AfterSchool|

The bells rung and the hallways were already flooding full of students ready to go. I sped walked to my locker and all I heard was "You going to Hakeems picnic?"

If I knew this many people we're going I would've threw on something a little better.

I finally reach my locker and put all of my books where they belong, checked my mirror on the inside of my locker, and applied more clear lipgloss.

"Aye Ebony!" I heared coming from a distance, I turn around and I see Jalen, one of the most biggest players that attends WestSide Highschool.

What could he possibly want? "How can I help you Jalen?"I said with slight annoyance. "Damn you aint gotta pager number or nothin?" He said biting his lip.

I know this negro is not tryna' mack with me right now. "I do" I bit my bottom lip "But not for you" I laughed and threw my bookbag over my shoulder.

"Thats how it is!?" He said in surrender, I put my dueces up and walked into the front of the school.

Me and Shanice usually meet up in the front where all the buses are lined up.

I looked around a bit and I finally spotted her with a group of boys and 2 girls on each side of her.

"There she go." I said under my breath.

"Whats up E! come over here!" She called out with her arms up. I approached the group and said my hellos to everybody.

"Whatsup yall whats the 4/11?" I asked trying to see exactly what was going on.

"You dont know? We all headed to Hakeems picnic. You rollin'?" The boy from the group said.

I'm not as social as Shanice but I see him around every once in a while.

I believe his name is Terrell, he was pretty cool. "Terrell right?" I asked pointing my finger at him. "In the flesh." he flashed his shining white teeth.

I giggled a bit before saying "Yea I'm down."

"Alright. Ya'll ready?"Terrell asked everybody.

Everybody agreed and we headed to his ride. Terrell aint have the best ride, but it would have to do. On a positive note it fitted everybody in it.

Shanice wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we headed to the van.

"We finna paaartay, we finna paaartay" Shanice sung.

Everybody busted out laughing, I told y'all she's the definition of a party girl.

The ride was pretty decent, even though the van was a bit raggedy, those speakers was bumpin'.

How Do You Want It by Tupac played through out the whole car as we conversated about boys, school drama, and the latest fights that popped off in the cafe or outside of school.

"Aye yall seen Shanti drag that girl from the lunch table to the front doors of the cafe !???" Shanice yelled while laughing.

Everybody jived about the girls slick back ponytail weave sliding off. Everything was all good...