That Walk Home

Ebony

The pic nic was dialing down and alot of people we're headed off in their rides to go home. Sean and I talked a long while and turns out his older cousin is real tight with my uncle..I guess they run things together.

Sean was really funny and corny, it was really cute to me. After we had our little whatever you would call that, we sat down on fold up chairs under some shade and actually had a very interesting conversation.

It felt like I've known him my whole life and I had just met him today..we had a lot in common just in different forms. I found that....interesting.

It was something about him that he didn't want to share with me,I could just tell,but its only been a day it's no rush. Sean and I sat and talked til dark.

I always knew exactly when the street lights were about to turn on, after the sun sets the sky is three shades of light blue then it turns completely pitch black.

By that third light blue in the sky I should be leaving wherever I'm at to be getting back home. After laughing and talking with Sean some more I told him I best be getting home.

I dragged out a sigh after laughing "Sean I best be getting home, I have to be home as soon as the street lights come on."

"Aweeenn good girl got her a curfew huh?" He jived.

I rolled my eyes playfully before getting up and dusting off my pants.

As I was getting ready to leave, Shanice and Tyrone walks up to us. Shanice lookin' like she ready for some more fun and Tyrone just down with whatever she was down with.

"Hey E I could tell Terrell take you home, I know how Mama Kidd gets about you and those street lights." She said concerned.

"Nah she good I got her, I'll make sure she get home on time." Sean budded in before I could even respond.

Shanice gave me the look. Ya'll know that special look yall home girl give you when they got somethin up their sleeve or they're giving you a secret hint of what they're thinkin'? Thats what Shanice did. Very frequently too.

"Aweee okay. Well yall best get goin." She checked her watch, "It's a quarter to 10." She informed.

"Ight bet, You good Tyrone? I'll page you when I'm at the end of shorty block meet me there after I walk her home?" He asked concerned.

"Im good cuz, and fasho just page me." He said.

They shook eachother up said their farewells for the time being and Shanice and I did the same.

"Alright come on skud" I jived. Sean chuckled and replied with a "Lets go."

I walked on the side walk as he walked in the street. Now when his ass get hit he gone be upset.

"Get on the side walk." I demanded. "Nah, I'm on the street cause im a street...nigga... get it?" He cornballed. I laughed a bit and said "Ehhhh...No."

"Ahh" He said in defeat.

It was silent a while, but I never really felt uncomfortable when it was.

We was just 5 minutes away and he finally broke the silence with "Say Ebony, Where you stay at around this side of town?" He asked lifting his eyebrow.

"I stay on 5th and mount born and raised, how about you?" I replied back genuinely asking.

"Thats not your business." He snapped. I looked at him with a look of shock and a little bit of confusion and anger. He aint have to talk to me like that.