Questions

Ebony
BANG!BANG!BANG! The sound of Shanice's screen door rambling startled me as I sat up confused.

As I rubbed my head everything started to come back to me, everything that happened tonight, every emotion I felt. I looked over at Shanice who's finger was over her mouth signaling me to stay quiet. It was so dark, I could barely see her face.

"Open the door Shanice, I know she's in there!" Sean's voice semi yelled."Ebony baby I'm sorry! Can we please talk about this?!" He added causing tears to escape my eyes. I just didn't understand.

"Shanice!" He semi yelled again. The house grew quiet, the banging stopped along with the yelling. I sat up more slowly trying not to make the leather couch make a sound. "Shanice?" I whispered.

"Not a word Ebony." She whispered back. It was silent and I was scared as hell. The only lights she had on was the outside lights and the oven's fan.

I cried more silently, scared because I've never seen Sean act this way. The house was quiet for 30 seconds. Until Shanice's pager went off that was on the table right along with the gun. Fuck. She sat up from the recliner and slowly grabbed it.

"It's Tyrone. He say's "Sean fucked up, but he thought Rashad was tryna fuck with Ebony. Please let him in. He just want to talk." She read.

"Ebony if you don't want him to come in here, I wont let him in." She whispered placing it back down on the table. "Shanice I dont know what I want right now, you should've seen his face. I didn't even know who I was looking at." I whispered back.

"Ebony look, I know Sean didn't mean this. But it's principles to this shit, what if he start goin' upside yo damn head all cause he wanna get mad?"She asked.

"I'm not trying to scare you at all E, but you better stand your ground if you considering him coming in to talk." She expressed rubbing her temples.

I felt bad putting this stress on Niecy and the baby.

"Niecy I shouldn't have come here I-" I tried to explain. But she cut me off before I could even say my full sentence. "Ebony you're my best friend, we went from sleeping on the floor back to back to being damn near adults about to move on in our lives. You are never a hassle to me and mine." She expressed.

"I can't see you." I said after minutes of silence making us both laugh. "So what you wanna do?" She asked getting back serious.

"I think I'll wait til tomorrow and just call it a night." I said making peace with my answer. "Settled." She said grabbing her pager and typing back to Tyrone.

I got back comfortable and pulled the blanket on me letting my eyes drift until I fell asleep again.

The Next Morning
I woke up to pans clattering and the sound of sizzling. Shanice must be making breakfast. "Goodmorning E. I'm gettin' breakfast ready you can get yourself together while I'm finishing up." She said focusing back on the food.

"You think I wanna stay in these massacre ass clothes?" I scoffed making her laugh.

I walked up the stairs and turned a left at her room. I reached her bottom dresser where some of my belongings were and got situated. I walked into her bathroom and looked myself in the mirror, I couldn't even recognize myself.

There was mascara all down my eyes and face, stained blood on my neck and dress. "I need to take this shit off" I thought outloud. I started to peel my dress off and take everything off piece by piece.

I stepped in letting the warm water fall on me. A sigh of relief escaped my lips, this is the best feeling ever. I looked down to see blood going into the drain.