° Chapter Three °

"Aaaaand, hold the pose... 3... 2... 1..." a voice mused, dragging out the words in concentration. Ponk stood stiffly in front of the green screen, holding his hands on his hips and looking to the left. "Done!" The photographer was the one talking, instructing Ponk how to pose, and where to stand. Ponk relaxed, his arms falling to his sides, "Are we done with this shoot now, Nick? I'm getting a tad hungry." The photographer smiled, her face holding a look of sympathy, "Yessiree, but if you're going out, you'd better be back by 12:30 or Schlatt'll have my ass!" Ponk laughed softly, "Alright, I'll make sure to get back as soon as I can!"

After changing back into his normal attire, the shorter male made his way out of the studio and down a few blocks to the cafe. The bell above the door rung as he pushed it open, alerting staff to his presence.

Ponk approached the order counter, eyeing the menu, and jumping slightly when a worker asked him, "How may I help you?"

"Uhh, I would like to have..." Ponk paused momentarily, biting his lower lip as he looked over the menu again. "A... Cheesy slider with... a strawberry shortcake shake, and an extra side of bacon please."

"Alrighty sir, we'll get that for ya!" The employee said cheerfully, making Ponk smile. "Oh, uh, before you tell me my total... is Sam working today?"

"Sam? Of course he is! He's working the drive-thru currently."

"Could you add on a chocolatey chunk shake then, please? I know he loves those and I feel like he might need one today!"

"Of course! That'll make your total $18.42, please."

Ponk dug through his pockets and pulled out his wallet, producing a twenty dollar bill and handing it to the cashier, who quickly got him his change. "Your order will be ready shortly!"

Ponk wandered over to the pickup counter after saying a quick "thanks!" and putting his wallet away. Soon enough, his order arrived, but he stopped the worker who gave it to him, "Could you please give this to Sam for me? Let him know it's from a friend!"

"Yeah. Have a great rest of your day."

Ponk smiled, thanking the worker, before grabbing his order, heading out the door, and walking back to the studio to eat.

When he entered the studio again, Nick and Tubbo were chatting. Tubbo, being the Risk Manager, was going on about how much more productive Nick might be without her bedazzled earrings always getting tangled in her hair and causing her to focus on that instead of photography. Ponk kind of shuffled around them, heading into the break room and taking a seat at the oversized table.

Ponk opened up the bag of food and tucked in rather quickly, thoroughly enjoying the bacon. As he was quiety eating his last piece of bacon, Schlatt walked into the break room, "Good afternoon, Ponk."

"Good afternoon, sir! How have things been for you lately?" Ponk inquired, smiling slightly.

"Pretty good, pretty good, how about for you?" Schlatt had picked up a can of pop from the fridge door and was about to open it.

"I've been pretty good too. Thanks for asking."

The two sat in a comfortable silence for a while before Schlatt left, leaving Ponk to eat alone once more.

Later that day, Ponk was preparing to go to the strip club for work. He was hanging up all of the outfits he had had out earlier in the day for modeling. After he was done with that, he clocked out and left the building.

×

As Ponk strolled down the street, he hummed a soft tune, the sound drifting around him comfortably. Since the club wasn't too far from the modeling agency, Ponk had opted to walk instead of drive and waste gas.

When he was about to grab the handle of the door to the club, the door swung inwards, opening to reveal a slightly disheveled Sam.

"Oh-! Uh, hi Ponk! Sorry if I scared you!"

Ponk laughed softly, "You're fine, Sammy, I was just about to go inside."

"Well then, be my guest!" Sam stepped aside slightly and gave an over exaggerated bow, smiling cheekily.

Ponk laughed, entering the building before saying, "Why thank you, my good sir! Do keep up your good chivalry!"

The two shared a short laugh before going their separate ways, Ponk heading further into the building, and Sam exiting the building.