° Chapter Eight °

The next day, Ponk was forced to stay home and rest, Schlatt wanting him in tip-top shape if he were to be at work. This all left Sam alone throughout the day, no visit during Ponk's lunchtime, no seeing Ponk during his nightshift, it was just a less than dreary day.

Sam may have regretted some things he had said to Ponk, but he wasn't the type to bring it back up and say what he now thought of. Little scenarios played in his head throughout the night, ones of his previous night's interaction with Ponk in his dressing room playing out a bit differently. Maybe Sam touched noses with Ponk, being flirtatious, yet not necessarily enough to warrant concern from the other if made uncomfortable, or maybe Ponk kissed him on the cheek. Many different scenarios played out.

Sam was worried for Ponk, for more than one reason, and he missed him all day and night, hoping he would be able to come back to work soon and recover quickly.

But again, why was Sam suddenly so wrapped up with Ponk, they were only coworkers and friends, it's not like they were related or something. Yet, Sam still felt a strong pull towards Ponk and the urge to make sure he was ok.

It was confusing, this "newfound" rush of emotions that filled him as he thought of Ponk. They made him feel light, as if he were floating on clouds, or being carried away by a swarm of butterflies.

×

The next few days were the same, uneventful and boring. Ponk had stayed home a while longer to recover fully and come back at his best. And that, luckily, was today.

Sam was mixing a chocolate chip cookie dough shake for a customer, when a coworker came over, "Here, I'll take over for you. Someone is here to see you."

Sam was confused, but let the coworker take over anyways, he then turned and went over to the register, a familiar face greeting him.

"Hi, Sam. I'd like my regular please." Ponk said, smiling.

"Coming right up, coming right up!" Sam quickly typed the order into the register and had Ponk pay, he then went back to make the beverage.

When Sam returned to the counter, Ponk was waiting patiently, his hands resting on the edge of said counter. Sam handed him his drink, "I made sure to add a little extra chocolate for ya! It's so good to see you again, Ponkie."

Ponk smiled, "It's good to see you too, Sam. We'll have to talk more tonight."

And with that, Ponk left the cafe, which left Sam excited for his shift at the club that night.