1.3

"Prefects, lead your houses to their dorms," Professor Dumbledore instructed as the meal concluded. The teachers stood up at their table as they watched the students stand and follow their seniors. The children moved slowly as their bellies were heavier than they thought it would be when they stuffed their faces with the various dishes. The tables that were once filled with bones and leftovers of dinner was now empty, magic had wished the devoured display away.

"Anya!" Eralia called out as she ran towards her cousin, the twins behind her.

"Hold on," Anya whispered to Phoebe Stevens, a fellow Ravenclaw who welcomed her happily. The girl nodded and stopped moving, but making sure to stand a little further away from the family, to give them their own privacy. Phoebe was another eleven year old, older by almost a year, but her birth during the autumn season meant she would start school with everyone born after her. Her hair was dark brown and her eyes were almost the same colour, if the green in them were not slightly obvious. She kept her eyes on the prefect that acknowledged the distracted Zion's, the prefects stopped moving but made no effort to tell everyone to be quiet.

"What happened?" Anya asked, looking at the girls. Eralia glanced at the twins who they presumed barely spent time apart and then back at the brunette in front of her. Anya spoke up, "Have you guys ever been apart?"

"As normal siblings who grow up together have, but not like this," Sahara answered as the twins shrugged their shoulders. Eralia sighed and Anya looked at the table where the professors stood, wondering if they could find a solution. Twins were hard to separate.

"Spend the night apart, if you cannot do that, then take it up with the professors, I'm sure they will understand," James suggested, approaching them with Sirius behind him. The girls looked at the two boys who approached them. He finally said what Anya was scared he would, "You lied to me."

Anya rolled her eyes, "I lie to many people, what makes you so special?" The taller one of the two boys moved towards her and stood right in front of her, forcing her to stare directly at him. He smiled when she placed a hand on his chest and pushed him away.

"Zion," he whispered their names as he stared at her, before glancing over at Sahara, who, as of tomorrow, would be wearing the same badge and colour as him. The girls knew a little too well that his smile meant nothing but trouble, but they also knew how to avoid people like him.

"Anya!" Phoebe called out, grabbing her new friend's arm and stealing her attention, "we have to go. The prefects will not wait forever for us."

The pair began moving, leading her cousins away as they did. But James held her hand in his, forcing everyone to stop as a consequence, "Tell me why you lied."

She answered honestly, despite her better judgement forcing her not to, "You know our history, you saw how people reacted when they heard our names. Why would we declare ourselves as Zion's out loud?"

"Why wait for Professor McGonagall to do it for you?" James was persistent, but he let the question go when the professor he named cleared her throat behind him.

"You will all see each other tomorrow, but it is time you made your way to your dormitories. Now!" She did not raise her voice, but her strict expression scared them into obedience and the group scattered towards their houses.

"Goodnight," Sirius shouted to the Ravenclaw and Slytherin girls that were walking in the other way. They turned around to smile and wave but did not bid him goodnight as he quickly began conversing with James. Sahara quietly walked in front of the boys as she followed her house, she was too tired and distant to talk to anyone after Eralia had parted from her when the Hufflepuff House walked in another direction.