1.19

December 1971

Sirius,
Merry Christmas! I got your message.
I am sorry to hear you won't be coming over. Do tell me if your plans change or anything along those lines. And keep me updated on anything Remus says.
Pete is going to be joining my family and I for Christmas, so that is going to be fun. Outside of the festivities, Peter is coming over a lot, which is great, but not the best. I wish you all were here, that we were all together.
James

December 1971

Anya Darling,
This Adam relative of yours sounds amazing. Is he the only person you managed to get along with? I have been meaning to learn how to play Quidditch, but I have no one to practice it with. I guess, you can teach me what you learnt when we get back to Hogwarts.
I hope you didn't get in trouble for the letters. I am still going to write to you, so, get ready to get in trouble for having me as your best friend. There is no escaping me now!
I spent the whole summer in the countryside with my parents. We stayed with my cousins, it was fun. Went around the mountains and enjoyed the view. Of course, my family isn't as weirdly big as yours, so it was actually fun and not intimidating meeting them again.
Also, Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Your Phoebe x

December 1971

Hey N,
Merry Christmas!
My family and I just got back from France. But my parents cut me a deal earlier about it, before we left, that I had to finish all my work so we could go. Obviously, I did everything, but to be honest, I am not so sure I did them all correctly, but who cares?
I got short and brief messages from the other two as well, their parents took them abroad too. I guess it makes sense that we haven't figured out how to write the letters conveniently enough for everyone. I heard from them that some wrote like a couple letters weekly to each other, which is ridiculous. We'll figure out what works best for us soon.
I have so much to tell you about my trip when we get back. Only a week to go before we reunite. But I am not looking forward to the lessons.
From Kai

December 1971

James,
Happy New Year Mate!
I have no idea when this will send, but hopefully you get this on time.
I guess, I will be seeing you in a little over a week. And I can't wait for that.
Also, don't send too many letters. Mother is getting annoyed about it, and I fear she will open them. Just be careful with what you write inside them, please.
See you soon!
Sirius

December 1971

Sirius,
We only have a few more days till we all can reunite. Just hold on for a little longer. All four of us will be back and not bored in a few days.
I can't wait to see you all again. Sometimes, it feels as if it's been too long since we saw each other, and others times, it feels like the holidays went by too quickly.
Remus

December 1971

Phoebe Baby,
Merry Christmas and have a happy new year!
Having fun in the country? Is it anything like the Scottish Highlands around Hogwarts? Is there a lot of snow there? Do you get along with all your cousins, and do you know them all? Have you met them often?
My family is ancient, hence we are our own country. No, but really, why is there so many of us here for Christmas? But loads are leaving now that the celebrations have ended. Adam and his parents are apparently going soon, and yes, he is the only one I actually made friends with. But with him gone, I will have nothing to do. Eralia and her parents left last night, with another group of cousins I don't know. The twins are our hosts, so they will be staying for long. But I have no idea if the relatives they are close with will be leaving or staying. I can't help but hope they leave, that way I have company. But if they stay, keep writing to me for the next week and a half. I could do with your company.
Speaking of company and letters, I can write more now. But the other two still seem busy vacationing, so I have not bothered to write to them, just in case. Has anyone wrote to you? Aside from us three? Pete wrote to me, as in Peter Pettigrew, not that foolish Peter from Hufflepuff - the one that keeps drooling every time you walk past him. I still think he has a crush on you. Anyways, back to the point, Peter wrote to me and I wrote back, but in my last letter, I asked him to stop writing to me because this place was becoming a nest. He did not say anything particularly exciting, but I do miss talking to him and regret asking him to not write more to me. I worry I will get bored and not have anyone to talk to.
Also, I will teach you what I know when we get back to Hogwarts, for Quidditch, I mean. But I have no idea if it will be enough to get us into the team next year. But we can always try.
Forever Anya xx