2.1

A/N: I will be uploading chapters weekly for this story. I am unfortunately far too busy to write frequently and upload a chapter twice every week.

Dawn broke through the thin curtains of the rooms above the pub that hosted multiple magical families. The rooms welcomed the warmth that would not be missed, despite being thoroughly enjoyed all through summer. Not a single fireplace had been lit since last winter, and the sight of one in every room tormented the guests that resided within them. Faint chatter could be heard as wizards and witches slowly began to wake and pour out of their rooms, running down for breakfast before busying themselves with annual errands.

A new year at Hogwarts summoned many to Diagon Alley, in an attempt to complete any last-minute shopping for school. The streets were crowded with herds and prides of humans, all rushing around in their colourful groups to hunt for the best equipment for the new academic year. Plenty of excitement and laughter could be heard from all corners as friends greeted one another, while parents scolded their children's playful and easy nature that was often distracted from the task at hand.

Sirius Black moved sluggishly through the corridors as he waited for his companion to catch up to him. His younger brother, Regulus, was due to start his first year at Hogwarts. And Sirius did not doubt that the younger of the pair would be sorted into Slytherin, like the rest of his family, and unlike him. And if that were to happen, he would be treated far worse than he already was, for not upholding his family's legacy.

"Is there a buffet here?" Regulus asked, happily catching up to his older brother. The two siblings looked identical in all ways, except for their height, mannerisms and the way their eyes expressed themselves. Sirius was always the more sarcastic one of the two, with a hunger for mischief and trickery. Whereas Regulus was the quiet offspring, with far more genteel and grace than his brother cared to display.

"Reggie, how can I possibly know that? It is my first-time eating breakfast here too," Sirius answered with a bored tone. After a long night of answering questions to satisfy his younger brother's excitement and curiosity, Sirius had grown tired of the interview. Fortunately, he possessed a unique sense of patience that was made only for his younger brother.

"I hope there is one here too," Regulus said, reminiscing the dining style that he grew fond of over the summer.

"I would much prefer if there was one too. Would spare us of the dull task of choosing only one dish to consume," Sirius nodded. Regulus laughed as he nodded, wholly agreeing with the elder of the two. The duo entered the dining space and seated themselves on a table for two, choosing which seat they would occupy. Sirius encouraged Regulus to gather a plate full of food first, while he remained at his table, ensuring it would not be stolen from them.

Short moments passed before Reggie returned to the table, with a plate full of cooked ingredients for a full English Breakfast. Sirius stared at the dish, deciding on whether he would gather the same foods or not, before leaving his brother to man the table. The variety was vast as Sirius fussily put together his main course, before making a mental note of what he would take up on his second round of breakfast. His hands carried the heavy ceramic dish as he walked towards his seat, where Regulus had already began enjoying his feast.

"I am so glad we get to enjoy breakfast alone," Reggie stated, his eyes twinkling with joy.

Sirius nodded, "I am glad too. Especially since we probably would be in two different houses and may not see much of each other over the year, with all of our classes taking place and whatnot."

"Will you be trying out for the quidditch team?" Reggie asked.

"Probably," Sirius answered, "I mean, James would most definitely force me to, regardless of whether or not I wanted to join the team. But I do, I want to play for my house and enjoy it. Plus, it means I can skip a few classes in the name of practice."