2.11

The quidditch game came to an end with the crowds cheering in excitement for the finale that they waited so long to meet. The golden snitch was finally snatched mid-flight. And prior to that, Gryffindors were leading in terms of their scores, by almost one-hundred points. But Ravenclaw successfully caught the snitch and gained a bonus one-hundred-and-fifty points. The audience rose to their feet with ferocious screams as the players cockily flew about the pitch and put on a display of talents and tricks they mastered on a broom. House Gryffindor cheered their opponents as they slowly sunk to the ground and hopped of their brooms. the Ravenclaw players soon met them on the ground and shook their hands, before disappearing to their respective tents, where their families would meet them.

Upon entry, the players celebrated themselves and rewarded themselves with chocolates and treats that magically appeared along the tables under the canopy. Music began to play without instruments being present, and the fires in the tent were lit to keep the players warm. They each waited for their housemates, professors, and families to meet them beneath the magical tents, however, they wasted no time on celebrating themselves.

"Good game," Marcus Bianchi said, stretching his hand out to Anya Zion and shaking it. The two beaters nodded as they smiled at each other. He stood by her as a few of their teammates approached them, with wide grins stretching across their faces. The enchanted tent that was designated for the blue and bronze team was crowded with the families of each player, and many of their friends. The space echoed with rowdy laughter and chatter as multiple individuals recalled the gameplay.

"I cannot believe you all decided to abandon the main game and stopped trying to score more points!" Phoebe's magical mother exclaimed. She was shocked and amused at the conclusion of the game. The Ravenclaws' played normally at the first two-thirds of the game, letting their points go up in ten's. But as soon as the snitch was discovered and hunted, the beaters abandoned the main game and wedged themselves in between the two seekers. It left the Gryffindor's with a wider chance of scoring more points. In the meantime, the Ravenclaw chasers did their best to keep their scores as even as possible. But they failed to as the fell thirty points behind Gryffindor.

"I am so glad we won, otherwise that would have been a waste of a tactic," Marcus whispered to Anya, leaning closer to her.

She nodded. And a cheeky smile growing on her lips, "I do not think Amelia would have appreciated it if we did not win."

Marcus nodded in agreement. He was taller and broader than her, and his dark brown hair was curly and long, ending above his shoulders. But presently, his hair strands were pulled back into a neat bun. He was older than her by two years, and was known for his kindness and intelligence, amongst the first and second-year students. He had been a quidditch beater since his third year at Hogwarts. He often played with his best friend, however, his friend refused to re-join the game for the year, which left the position open for taking.

"Maybe, we should avoid this tactic in our next game?" Marcus suggested, his words coated in sweet sugar. Anya nodded as she faced him, smiling. She liked playing alongside him, especially since he was known for being cheeky during every practice. She had much to learn from him, and secretly hoped that he would not stop playing quidditch as his former teammate did.

"Nicely done," James Potter's familiar voice chimed. Anya stopped smiling as she turned to find the familiar, tall boy before her. He was smiling as he gazed upon her, one made of sincerity and pride for her.

Anya turned when a hand patted her shoulder, Marcus had quietly left her in the company of James. Anya frowned at his absence, before returning her attention to Potter. She raised a brow, "You are not mad that you lost?"

James smiled and shrugged, "I was, but our loss is ours to mourn. You, on the other hand, won... so, congratulations."

Anya stared at him through a suspicious glance before smiling at him and happily jumping into his arms and hugging him. She clung to her limbs firmly before whispering words of gratitude into his ears, "Thank you."