Loss

Ash floated from foggy clouds that painted the sky grey. The waves of magma solidified for eternity on the ground. The group wandered around, trying to assess the damage. But there was nothing left to assess, everything, everyone was gone.

"What do we do now?" Wooyoung asked, hopelessly as the shock settled in.

Hongjoong didn't respond right away, he just stood there, staring at the great volcano before them "we knew this would happen eventually" he mumbled to himself "Yggdrasil," Hongjoong said calmly, reminding his crew, "we were to flee to the shrine of Yggdrasil were there to be an eruption of the volcano."

Off they went, to make sure their tribe was alright. But the more they walked the more their blood began to chill. Once passed the thick cooled magma, they were surrounded by an ashen wasteland. Huts were stripped of their roofs and walls, leaving thick charred logs behind. Human shaped mounds of ash littered every corner.

"They tried running..." Yeosang mumbled as cries filled his ears and flashes of the event played in his mind. He shook his head to try and rid it of the images, to no avail.

Hongjoong kneeled into the ash, scooping up some in his hands. He gripped the dust tightly, as if to undo this horrid fate. Bringing his hands to his forehead he whispered "May the gods light your way." with that, he unclenched his hands and let the ash fly away.

It took them hours upon hours to finally be rid of the thick ashen ground. Though singed by the heat, the forest itself was still intact. The deeper into the woods they went, the more the group was filled with despair. With no signs of life, they assumed everyone was dead.

Finally making it to the shrine, the group delved to where Yggdrasil was firmly planted. The group stood under the giant tree, the leaves now flourished with life. Nine large roots reaching to nine grand arches including where they entered, each marked in runes. "Asgard, Alfheim, Jotunheim, Midgard, Muspelheim, Nidavellir, Niflheim, Svartalfheim, Vanaheim" San read off the names while pointing to the corresponding path "where do we start?"

The group shrugged and looked at Yunho, who almost looks giddy, "well," he started "there's a saying;

"Kormt and Ormt and the Kerlaugs twain

Shall Thor each day wade through,

When dooms to give he forth shall go

To the ash-tree Yggdrasil;

For heaven's bridge burns all in flame,

And the sacred waters seethe."

"That's right," San piped in.

"And where does that take us?" Hongjoong asked, slightly annoyed.

"We're going to Asgard!" Yunho squealed slightly, "we get to meet more gods!" he chanted as he danced out his glee

Yunho wasn't the only one slightly excited about this adventure. Mingi and Wooyoung managed to match his energy and began chanting with him. Hongjoong, Seonghwa, and Jongho were quietly plotting what to do if they got into trouble. It was unfamiliar territory and they didn't want another Iceland incident. On the other hand, Yeosang and San were filled with bone chilling fear. San didn't want more questions about his past brought up and Yeosang didn't know what kind of trouble he'd bring the group.

"This is a bad idea," San spoke shakily.

"Mimir tasked us with finding the Gjallarhorn," Mingi stated bluntly, "we can't really refuse a god."

"He's some crazy old man stuck in a rock," San argued "how can we be sure he is who he says he is?"

"We can always go back into Jörmungandr's stomach and try to get more answers." Yunho shrugged in suggestion, causing the group to shiver at the thought.