Chapter Three

Ophelia refused to go back on set. Every time her father asked her if she wanted to go, she would make up an excuse; such as starting her period or being tired. When the excuses became too similar, Paul realized something was wrong. He asked her what was wrong, and why she didn't want to go and see the cast again, which caused the girl to bust out in tears. She told him everything that happened, which broke his heart into tiny pieces.

"I'm going to call Zoe." Paul said, causing Ophelia to jump off the couch.

"No!" She exclaimed, but when she stood up she stumbled, throwing herself off balance.

"Are you sure there's not anything else wrong?" He asked, causing the girl to sigh.

"I don't know. I don't think so." She replied, making him sigh as well.

"I'm calling Zoe, Lia, but I promise she won't be mad. She'll help you, if you need a woman to talk to." He said, and Ophelia begrudgingly nodded.

Paul left the room, as Ophelia sat back down on the couch with her head in her hands. It had been a month since the party, and she was still scared of everything around her. She played it off well, but she was still terrified to sleep in her room without at least a lamp on at all times so she could see her surroundings.

"Lia, Zoe said she'll be over in ten minutes. She-uh-she's bringing a p--"Paul began, taking a deep breath to keep himself from passing out,"a pregnancy test, just in case. If-if you're p-pregnant, I won't be mad at you. I will still love you, and I will always be here." Paul stated, as Ophelia felt her heard start to beat erratically in her chest.

The ten minutes she spent waiting on Zoe was the most intense ten minutes of her life. When Zoe finally arrived, she brought Ophelia into a hug and held her for a moment, apologizing over and over for bringing Caine to the party. Zoe then brought the girl to her bathroom and sat outside the door as she waited for Ophelia to take the pregnancy test.

"When it's time, will you look?" Ophelia asked, causing Zoe to nod.

"Of course." She replied, feeling completely at fault for what had happened to the young Walker girl.

When Ophelia came out of the bathroom, Zoe sent Paul a text that he could come to Ophelia's room now. Paul, Zoe, and Ophelia sat on Ophelia's bed, as they waited five minutes for the test results. Zoe had given Ophelia three tests, so she could make sure they were accurate.

"I feel like I'm going to pass out." Ophelia murmured, running her fingers through her hair.

"It's only another minute." Paul replied, placing his hand on Ophelia's arm lightly.

Ophelia sighed, knowing she was going to have to wait the excruciatingly long minute for the test results. When Zoe's phone timer beeped, the woman stood and walked into the bathroom. She came out moments later holding the three tests in her hand. Her face had a look of sympathy, which caused Ophelia's heart to skip a beat.

"They're positive; all three of them," Zoe murmured,"You're pregnant." She said, and in the same moment, Ophelia's eyes closed and she fainted.

"Lia!" Paul exclaimed, looking down at his daughter with worry evident in his voice and eyes.

"Do I need to call for an ambulance?" Zoe asked, but Paul shook his head.

"No, she'll wake up. The news was just a bit much for her." Paul replied, stroking his daughter's hair tenderly.

Moments later, Ophelia's eyes fluttered open and she sat up.

"How are you feeling?" Paul asked, his voice quiet so he wouldn't startle her.

"It's pointless to go to a doctor and make sure, isn't it?" She asked, causing both adults to sigh.

"The tests are all positive. I think going to the doctor would only make you more upset. I'll tell the guys that there's been a family emergency, and it'll give you both a couple of weeks to come to terms with the news." Zoe said, causing the two Walkers to nod.

Zoe soon left the apartment, leaving Paul and Ophelia alone. Ophelia had decided to lay down for a few hours, as Paul went out and bought things to try and cheer up his daughter, as well as things he knew she would need for nutrition for herself and her baby. He had to be careful buying vitamins, but luckily the old lady at the drugstore didn't recognize him at all, so she didn't make any comments about what he had bought.

"Lia, it's time for dinner." Paul said, as he peeked his head into her room.

Ophelia was laying in her blankets, as she faced the wall. He could tell from the way that she was breathing that she was still awake, but she was numb to the fact that anyone was in her room.

"Lia," He began, as he walked towards her bed,"you have to eat." He said, placing his hand on her back to get her attention.

"I don't want to eat." She mumbled, causing Paul to frown.

"I know, sweetheart, but it's for you and the baby." He replied, and she sighed.

With a frown of her own, Ophelia climbed out of her bed and followed her father into the kitchen. Paul had made Ophelia's favorite meal, taco pasta, which was pretty much cheesy pasta with taco meat and whatever other fixings someone wants on their tacos. Though she was upset, Ophelia felt a smile come to her face when she seen the pasta.

"I made your favorite." He commented, causing the girl to look over at him.

"Thank you, Daddy." She murmured, walking over and hugging him.

"Anything for you." He replied, kissing the top of her head.

One way or another he was going to get justice for his little girl. Caine wasn't going to get away with hurting her. She deserved the world, and Paul was going to make sure she got everything she deserved...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I wanted her to feel somewhat close with Zoe for now, but obviously she won't be too close. Zoe isn't as close to her as she is with her extended family.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx