Chapter Seventeen

Ophelia climbed the ranks quickly, but when she was finally up on the same level as Clint and Natasha, S.H.I.E.L.D was taken down. Apparently, HYDRA had practically ingrained themselves within S.H.I.E.L.D, so nobody was able to be a part of the team anymore. Fury had been "killed," but really he had just faked his death.

Luckily, Ophelia had been at home with Clint and the others when everything went down, so she didn't have to be a part of the fighting. While that happened, Steve, better known as Captain America, found out his best friend was still alive. Ophelia had pretty much learned all of this knowledge from a letter that was sent by Natasha a week after everything happened.

Only a few months later, would Ophelia and Clint be dragged out into a bigger mission than before. The Avengers, which now included Ophelia, were supposed to take down a HYDRA base that had Loki's scepter. Ophelia was told to stay at Clint's side the entire time, even though they all knew she could fight, and she was no longer a child. They were just afraid of telling her father if something happened to her while on a mission.

While there, Ophelia and Clint were knocked to the ground, causing them both to grunt. Before either of them moved, a boy ran up and stopped above them. He was quite attractive, but Ophelia knew better than to be attracted to the enemy.

"You didn't see that coming?" The boy asked, smirking at them, before running away.

Clint quickly got up, and stuck his arm out to help her up. Before he could help her though, he heard some more shots. He motioned for her to stay down, as he turned to take some more people out, he was shot in the side, knocking him back down to the ground.

"Clint!" Ophelia exclaimed, as she quickly moved to assess him.

"Clint's been hit!" Natasha called through comms,"It's bad." She added, as she came to sit next to Clint and Ophelia.

"Shit." Clint murmured, the pain going through his side was intense.

"I should be able to heal him, but I don't know if I can do it here. We're too out in the open for me to know for sure." Ophelia commented, and Natasha nodded.

Thor quickly came over to help Ophelia get Clint to the jet. Once he was in the jet, Ophelia began to really assess his wound. The area was pretty big, and skin was torn harshly, but Ophelia knew she'd have a chance to fix him.

"I may not ve able to completely heal you, but I'm going to try." Ophelia said, and Clint painfully nodded.

Ophelia placed her hands right above the wound, and she closed her eyes to concentrate harder. Slowly, his wound stopped bleeding, and the skin began to knit itself back together. The young girl could feel herself becoming tired from healing him, but she refused to stop. She was already getting tired from fighting out in the cold, so healing Clint completely was taking a lot of energy.

"Ophelia, stop." Thor ordered, but Ophelia didn't listen.

She placed her hands on Clint's side, causing him to wince, as she forced her energy to completely heal him. Once his side was healed, he watched the light fade from Ophelia's hands. She looked up at him with a smile, before her eyes rolled back and she collapsed on the floor of the jet.

"Ophelia!" Clint and Thor exclaimed, as soon as she hit the ground.

"I've got her." Thor commented, picking her up from the ground.

Thor placed her on the seats beside Clint, as the man sat up to check on the young girl. In the time she had lived with him and got to know his family, she had become almost like a second daughter to him. He was especially grateful for her when she helped Laura around the house. Laura was pregnant with their third child, and Ophelia wanted to do anything she could to help.

Clint picked up the girl's head gently, and placed it on his lap. He began to run his fingers through her hair, hoping she didn't hurt herself by healing him. As soon as the rest of the team was back on the jet, Natasha ran over to check on the young girl.

"What happened?" She asked, gently grazing her fingers over the girl's cheek.

"She healed me, but she used too much energy. She practically hit the ground the second I was healed." Clint said, guilt dripping in his voice.

"I tried to stop her, she wouldn't listen to me." Thor commented, causing Natasha to smile lightly as she stared at the young girl.

"She's stubborn, especially when it comes to the people she cares about the most." Natasha replied, letting Thor know it wasn't his fault.

"When we get to the tower, Dr. Cho can look her over." Tony stated, though his voice seemed stiff and not like him.

Bruce glanced over at the young girl and frowned. He knew what her power was, but he didn't like that she could easily hurt herself if she used too much of her power. He wished their was a way to help her, but he couldn't figure it out. He and Tony would have to come up with an idea to keep the girl from hurting herself when healing someone else.

"She should just need rest, but she should still be checked out incase there's other problems." Bruce commented, and Clint nodded.

Clint felt guilty, but there wasn't anything he could do about it now. She had already helped him, and there wasn't any way for him to turn back time and stop her before she surpassed her limit. He knew Laura would be worried the moment he called her, but he didn't plan to call Paul until after he knew she was all right. He didn't want to worry the man while he was filming. He didn't want the man to try and force Ophelia away, claiming it was their fault she was hurt...

××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I decided to do a time skip. Also, don't forget I changed the year that Paul passed, so Pietro could be around for her. I'm telling you now, it will be soon, and there will be a lot of tears shed.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx