Chapter Nineteen

The next day came too fast. Ophelia was not feeling like she wanted to party, she felt like she wanted to sleep for a week. To be honest, she felt more tired than she had the day before, and she had slept for hours, but it didn't seem to help much. She wondered if she could use that as an excuse for Tony, but she knew he'd never let her off the hook.

Before she went to bed that night, she had called her father and Laura. Her father had asked a lot of questions about her health, and shared his worries about her becoming ill from all of her misuse of her energy. Yes, he understood that she was trying to save Clint, but he and Clint agree that she should've stopped once the bleeding stopped.

Laura had scolded her for her misjudgement, but then she cried about being afraid of losing her. She didn't want Ophelia to be seriously hurt, but she was thankful she saved her husband. Laura also put her on FaceTime to talk to Greyson before he went to bed. Greyson missed his mother, but Ophelia planned to go home in a few days to see everyone.

Going on missions and risking her life was taking a toll on her. She loved what she did, but she missed so many very important moments with her little boy. She had actually been on a mission with Clint when Greyson took his first steps. She was thankful that Laura had caught it on video, and that night she cried herself to sleep because she missed it, and all Clint could do was run his fingers through her hair as she laid on the couch next to him and cried.

Ophelia refused to miss all of the important moments, so she planned to take time off from the team soon. Clint understood, and he was one of the people that had her back in the idea. Only a few people knew she planned to vacation, and they were Clint, Natasha, and Steve. Steve believed she would get bored and want to come back, but Natasha was on the fence on what she thought Ophelia should do. At the end of the day, Ophelia would do what was best for her and her son.

Sliding on her dress, Ophelia glanced at herself in the mirror and sighed. She really didn't feel like dressing up, nor did she feel like putting on makeup or fixing her hair. She just wanted to crawl back in bed and sleep, but that wasn't an option. The party would start in an hour, and she had to be ready for it, otherwise Tony would come to her room raising hell.

Her dress was very minimalistic, but at least it looked nice

Her dress was very minimalistic, but at least it looked nice. She had even slipped on some jewelery to make herself look more presentable. When she walked out of her room to greet the rest of the team, as they waited for Tony's guests to arrive, she was greeted with smiles.

"You look nice, Lia." Natasha commented, and Ophelia smiled.

"Thank you." She replied, giving the same compliment to Natasha afterward.

"Your dress is nice, but I was hoping for something a little more fancy for this party." Tony said, causing Ophelia to glare at him.

"You better choose your next words carefully, otherwise I'm going to throw you out a window, and make it look like you jumped." She retorted, and he held his hands up in mock surrender.

"Hey, I said it was nice. The look fits you well." He replied, before he quickly walked off.

"I think you look pretty, Ophelia. Could you stand there while I take a picture to send your dad and Laura?" Clint asked, and Ophelia nodded.

Clint quickly snapped a photo and sent it to Paul and Laura. Clint tried to keep Paul updated all the time on Ophelia, since he knew it was hard being a dad and being away from a kid for so long. Paul only got to see his daughter about once a month if he was lucky, so he cherished the pictures that were sent to him, and thanked Clint for all of the updates in her life.

About an hour later, the party was in full swing and Ophelia was feeling a bit bored. She sat at the bar talking to Natasha every now and then, but she could tell that Bruce was trying his best to chat up Natasha. He wasn't the best at it though, since he was more of the awkward, loner type.

Ophelia felt like she stood out like an oddball compared to everyone else. She really didn't have anyone to talk to, and she didn't have a drink like everyone else. Natasha had fixed her a soda, but soda compared to everyone else's alcohol was a real downer. Obviously, she knew better than to ask for any alcohol, since word would get back to her father pretty fast.

"Ophelia! I've been looking all over for you," Steve commented,"Ophelia, this is my friend, Sam Wilson," He gestured to the man,"and Sam, this is my fellow Avenger, Ophelia Walker."

"Nice to meet you, Sam." Ophelia said, and Sam smiled.

"Nice to meet you, too," He replied,"You look familiar, have I seen you before, other than the stuff I see about the Avengers?" He asked, causing her to nod.

"My father is Paul Walker, he plays Brian O'Connor in the Fast series." She answered, making him point at her and nod slightly.

"You look like your dad, and I have to say, he's one of my favorite actors," He complimented,"I swear I've seen your face before though, did you ever act or anything?" He asked, making her shrug.

"I did a few cameos," She replied,"My last cameo was a couple of years ago, before I joined the team. It was for the movie Takers that my dad is in." She stated, and he grinned.

"I knew that I knew you from somewhere!" He exclaimed,"I've seen that movie at least ten times. It's so good." He commented, and she smiled.

Steve walked away and allowed his two friends to talk without him being in the way. He was just happy to see them both happy, instead of them looking like they'd rather be anywhere else but the party...