Chapter Ten

Ophelia had cleaned up places in the apartment, and by the time she was finished, she heard her father unlocking the front door. Peeking out of her room, she watched him toss his keys down on the bar, and open the fridge to grab a bottle of water. Biting her lip, Ophelia walked out of her room and walked to the kitchen area where her father was.

"What do you want for dinner?" He asked, turning around to face his daughter.

"Dad, we're going to be having guests over tonight." She said, causing him to raise an eyebrow in question.

"Who? Peter and May?" He asked, but the girl shook her head.

"No, um, not exactly." She replied, watching as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Moments later, a knock was heard at the front door. With a shaky sigh, Ophelia walked over to the door and opened it. Outside stood Fury with a file in his hand, Natasha holding five pizza boxes, and Clint carrying three twelve packs. Ophelia smiled in amusement when she seen Natasha try to trip Clint and make him drop the soda.

"Come in." Ophelia murmured, moving away from the door to allow the others inside.

"Ah, Mr. Walker," Fury began,"I'm Nick Fury, and I'm the director of S.H.I.E.L.D, and I have come to talk to you about your daughter." He said, gaining Paul's attention.

"What about her?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Let's talk over dinner." Fury replied, motioning to the two agents holding food and drinks.

Ophelia grabbed plates and laid them on the bar, before she, Natasha, and Clint began to grab pizza. Natasha had bought everyone their own pizza, since she wanted to seem as caring as possible. If Paul seen her as a nice woman to be around his daughter, he might consider letting her join the team.

"Who exactly are you two?" Paul asked, looking over to the two agents.

"I'm Natasha Romanoff, and this is Clint Barton. We're both agents for S.H.I.E.L.D." Natasha replied, forcing a smile at Paul.

Natasha wasn't one to always be smiling at interacting with random people, so she forced smiles when she needed to do so. She was actually good at forcing smiles that looked remotely real, so people believed she was actually smiling when she faked them.

"What do you want to talk about pertaining to my daughter?" Paul asked, after everyone began eating.

"Well, we know about her powers, and I want her to join our team. If she joins our team, she can train to use her powers perfect, and find out if she has anymore than she hasn't used yet. We can also teach her better skills in combat and weaponry. After a year or so, if she's shown enough progression, she may even be able to go on missions with my other agents." Fury explained, causing Paul to frown.

"You want her to be a secret agent for your little establishment of people with powers?" Paul asked, pursing his lips.

"If that's how you want to put it, yes," Fury replied,"Romanoff would be teaching her combat, and Barton would be teaching her weapons. They're my most skilled agents, and they'd be the best teachers for her." He added, and Paul sighed.

"And if she doesn't join?" Paul asked, causing Fury to nod stiffly.

"We'll still be watching her. S.H.I.E.L.D watches everyone that has powers, to make sure they're not causing any problems, and that they're not in danger or taken by the bad guys for their powers." Fury said, and Paul nodded as well.

"How long would it be until she has to go on missions?" Paul asked, his voice quiet compared to before.

"At least a year, and she won't start training until she has her baby. The most we'll have her do right now is practice her powers and see if she has anymore hidden." Fury replied, causing Paul to sigh once again.

"Is this something you want to do?" Paul asked, looking down at his daughter.

"I mean," She began nervously,"I'll be able to help people with my powers, Dad. Pete and I talked about it before, and I was hesitant about helping people, but I've had time to think about it. What's the point of having the power to heal people, if I'm not going to help people when they need it?" She said, causing Paul to nod.

"Well, if this is something you want to do, than I'm not going to keep you from doing so. You can be a part of this, as long as you promise me you'll be careful and you'll tell me if you're in trouble or hurt." He commented, and the girl nodded quickly.

"Being a part of this, means she has to stay here, even after you're done filming your movie. She'll either live in this apartment with an agent, or she'll live at the facility. She won't be able to travel with you, at least, until she's trained and able to go on missions." Natasha said, causing Paul to frown.

"We'll watch over her, Mr. Walker. I can promise you she'll be safe with us, and so will her baby." Clint commented, and Paul nodded slightly.

Paul wasn't too excited about leaving his daughter without him, but if she really wanted to be an agent like Natasha and Clint, than he wasn't going to take that away from her. He knew she wanted to do what was right, and he understood, because he wanted to do the same. He knew it would ruin her acting career, but he hoped it wouldn't hurt her too bad. She was smart, caring, and down to earth. She deserved the world, and Paul wanted to make sure that's what she got, even if he wasn't always around to see it happen.

Ophelia was glad that her father had agreed to her becoming a part of S.H.I.E.L.D, but she also hated the idea of not being around her family. She wondered if the other two agents were going to be like family to her, but she doubted it would be as easy to accept them as family. She just hoped she wouldn't regret her choices later on in her life...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I will try to have at least one update every couple of days, even if it's last minute for me.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx