Chapter Eleven

Ophelia wasn't allowed to tell anyone about her meeting with Director Fury and the two agents. She wasn't allowed to tell anyone that she was joining S.H.I.E.L.D. She wasn't allowed to tell anyone about her powers, other than the people who already knew. Ophelia was worried about keeping so many secrets, but she had to do what she had to do to protect herself.

Over the next two months that her father was finishing his filming, Ophelia was helping heal little things on agents at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clint or Natasha monitored her the entire time, and whenever she became tired or even slightly distressed, they would pull her from the room and let her rest. Both agents wanted to protect her and her child, so they did everything in their power to keep the two from being hurt while Ophelia trained her powers.

Ophelia was finally six months pregnant, meaning she was soon going to find out the gender of her child. She was excited, but at the same time she was a little upset. This was the last day her father was going to be in New York, before he had to leave to go film another movie. Ophelia knew he was a busy man, but that didn't make her any less sad. She was going to miss him dearly, even though it had been her choice to stay behind.

"C'mon Ophelia, it's time to head to the doctor." Paul said, as he lead his daughter out of their apartment.

Clint would be moving some of his things in while they were out, and so would Natasha. Unbeknownst to Ophelia, Clint had a family, so he would sometimes leave to visit them, which was why Natasha was going to leave some of her things at the apartment, so she could stay when Clint was away. She would also be able to help Ophelia with anything "girly" if she needed it, once she was too big to do some things, such as shave her legs.

"What do you think your baby is going to be?" Paul asked, as he looked over at his daughter.

"No idea, but I kind of want a little girl." She replied, causing Paul to chuckle.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see if you get your wish." He joked, and she smiled to herself.

A few minutes later, a nurse called Ophelia to the back. Ophelia pulled her father along with her, so he wouldn't miss the reveal of the baby's gender. After checking her vitals, weight, and other things of that nature, the nurse had Ophelia lay on the bed, before she left to get the doctor. Only the doctor was able to tell a baby's gender without having to get a second opinion.

The doctor came in moments later and gave the father and daughter a smile. The doctor, Dr. Laughlin, was a really nice woman with dark hair and brown eyes. She was about thirty years old, and had twins.

"So, are you ready to find out the gender of your baby?" Dr. Laughlin asked, as she checked to make sure the little one was healthy and growing correctly.

"Yes, please." Ophelia replied, causing the doctor to smile at her politeness.

"Well, Ophelia," The doctor began, as she focused on the baby,"it seems you're having a little boy." She said, and Ophelia grinned.

Yes, Ophelia had wanted a girl, but when she heard she was having a boy, she felt elated. It was becoming more and more real the further along she was, but after hearing the gender, she knew everything was going to be perfect.

Anyhow, after scheduling a new appointment for a few weeks later, Ophelia followed Paul out of the doctor's office and towards a small diner. Paul ordered himself, Ophelia, and Clint dinner. Natasha wasn't going to be at the apartment when they arrived home, so Paul didn't buy her any food. She had to go on a mission as soon as she dropped her stuff off.

Clint met Paul and Ophelia at the door, and took the takeout bags from Paul's hands to set them on the counter. Ophelia placed her bag of prenatal vitamins on the counter as well, before she went to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

"Sit down. I'll hand you your food in a second." Clint said, and Ophelia merely nodded.

She grabbed a seat at the bar, and watched as Clint handed Paul his food, then her, then himself. The three sat around the bar and ate silently for a moment, before Clint decided to speak up.

"So, did you find out what your baby is?" Clint asked, and Ophelia nodded with a grin.

"I'm having a boy." She replied, causing Clint to grin as well.

"Congratulations, Ophelia," He replied,"Do you have any names in mind?" He asked, but she shook her head.

"No, not yet. I'm going to start making a list soon. I don't know what I'm going to pick." She answered, causing the man to nod.

"Well, you've got time. You shouldn't wait until you're past the eighth month mark though, Nat said you could go into early labor at your age, so you might want to have the name picked out before then." Clint said, and the girl nodded with a shaky sigh.

Ophelia forgot that she could go into early labor because she was so young. Her body wasn't necessarily ready to have a child, even though there was a child growing inside of her. She was determined to keep her son in as long as she could though, so she was going to refuse to do anymore healing once she hit eight months. She knew Clint and Natasha would have her back on the decision.

She hoped her father would be there when she had the baby. If he wasn't, she knew she would be heartbroken. He was her rock, and she couldn't have him miss meeting his grandson first. She planned for him to be the first one to meet the little boy, even if that meant she had to keep Clint and Natasha out of her hospital room. She just hoped Paul would be able to take time off filming for the birth...

×××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I am so sorry for the long wait. I am back though! I will be writing on the story. I'm getting a new phone that won't glitch or freeze, so I'll be able to update more.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx