Chapter Twelve

Ophelia was close to nine months pregnant, and she was over it. She was tired of being so big and so tired. She would have to use the bathroom often, and when she wasn't using the bathroom, she was hungry or restless. Her belly was so big, that it was hard for her to be able to get comfortable, so sleep was very hard to come by. Honestly, she just hoped her little boy loved her for everything she had to go through because of him.

Clint brought her quite a few baby boy things, which had looked used, so she wondered where everything had come from. She wasn't complaining though, second hand or not, she still felt happy to get the things from Clint. Natasha brought stuff sometimes as well, but she wasn't around as much as Clint was, since Fury had her doing most of the missions when Clint couldn't. Fury made sure Clint ot Natasha was always with Ophelia, especially now that she was so far along.

In one week's time, Ophelia would be nine months pregnant, which was way further along than most people thought she would be. The funny thing was, she was happy that she had made it that far, even if she felt a bit miserable. Clint would set up places for her to sit, or ways for her to be somewhat comfortable, and she wondered how he knew so much about things like this, since he never mentioned having a family.

"Clint, would it be okay if I invited Peter and Aunt May to dinner tonight?" Ophelia asked,"I want to see them again before I have little man." She commented, making him nod.

"That's fine, but remember, if either of them ask, I'm your--" He began, but Ophelia cut him off.

"Uncle, I know. I actually already told Peter I was staying here with my uncle. I think he probably told Aunt May." She replied, causing him to roll his eyes with a chuckle.

"You weren't really asking, were you?" He asked, smirking to himself,"You were just going to have them come over and I was going to be as surprised as I was when your sister came here for a week." He commented, making her laugh.

"No, I wasn't going to do that to you," She retorted,"Actually, speaking of my sister, she and my dad will be coming over next week for little man's birth. Uncle Vin and a few of the others may be coming, too." She said, and he nodded.

"And your mom?" He asked, but she simply gave him a look that made him go quiet.

Clint knew Ophelia and her mother didn't get along well. Her mother had actually contacted her a couple of months ago, saying that she believed Ophelia was a tramp and that the young girl was purposely throwing herself at boys until she got herself knocked up. Obviously that wasn't true and everyone knew it, but her mother was always really rude and opinionated when it came to Ophelia.

Paul had blamed himself when it came to Ophelia's relationship with her mother, but there really wasn't anything he could do about it. The woman had a heart full of hate for him and Ophelia, and she was never going to change.

"What are you wanting for dinner?" Clint asked, causing the girl to shrug.

"Doc said I should be eating healthy for little man, but honestly, I could go for some Chinese." She replied, making him nod.

"One cheat night won't hurt. Besides, you've been eating healthy for months, I doubt little man will hate you for one night of Chinese." Clint answered, causing the girl to laugh lightly.

Ophelia then pulled out her phone and sent a text to Peter, asking him if he and Aunt May were still happy to come over for dinner. Not even a minute later the boy agreed, and told her that he and his aunt would be at her apartment in two hours.

"Nat has the night off, so do you want her to come, too?" Clint asked, and Ophelia nodded.

"Yeah, I'll just tell Peter she's my aunt." Ophelia replied, causing Clint to simply smile at her.

Ophelia stood up and grabbed herself a water, while Clint walked around the apartment to clean up and make sure nothing was out in the open that would show Peter and Aunt May that he, Ophelia, or Natasha were a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hell, Ophelia doubted anyone really knew who S.H.I.E.L.D was, but Clint couldn't chance anything.

"Do I need to change, or do I look fine?" Ophelia asked, causing Clint to look over at her.

Clint remembered when his wife would ask questions like that, and he knew those questions could be tricks. So, he simply smiled at the girl, and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"You look fine, and everyone knows you're pregnant, so they're not going to expect you to change into anything fancy, when you already look fine." He replied, making her smile.

He mentally sighed in relief when he realized he answered the question correctly. If he wasn't careful, he could've gotten himself in trouble, and she would've ignored him for days like Laura had before. Ophelia practically felt like his daughter, and he didn't want her ignoring him for something as simple as a trick question.

"Clint, can we get some extra fried rice?" Ophelia asked, after finishing her water,"I've been craving it for days." She murmured, making him chuckle.

"Of course, anything for you." He replied, making the girl smile.

She was one of the sweetest girls he had ever met, and he was glad that he had been practically put as a second parent to her. Out of all of the things he had to do for S.H.I.E.L.D, caring for Ophelia was definitely not seen as a chore. He loved her as his own, and he would protect her as such. And if she asked for something as simple as extra fried rice on her cheat night, he would get it for her, just to see her happy...

×××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter! So, this was the first chapter typed out on my new phone! I hope there isn't many mistakes, since my autocorrect isn't use to my way of typing yet.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx