Chapter Nine

Ophelia walked with Clint and Natasha through the long, white halls. She was nervous, but she hoped the two agents were telling her the truth. She also hoped if anything was to happen, that the two agents would be willing to help protect her and her baby.

Anyhow, after riding in an elevator and walking down many halls that seemed to be the exact same, the trio finally came to a door. Natasha knocked on the door, before she opened it and beckoned for Clint and Ophelia to enter with her. In the room sat a man with a permanent scowl on his face, and a black eye patch covering his right eye.

"Ophelia Walker, I'm Directory Fury. I've heard quite a bit about you from my two agents. I hope bringing you here wasn't a mistake." He commented, as Natasha, Clint, and Ophelia sat down in the chairs in front of Fury's desk.

"I don't even see the point of why I'm here. Yes, I can heal people, but that's it. I'm not some crazy person with a range of super powers or some deadly ninja assassin." Ophelia murmured, causing Clint to chuckle.

"Healing someone with a touch of your hand is one of the most impressive and important powers in the world. Ms. Walker, I'm offering you the chance to work with people who could help you develop your power to be stronger. You might even find a new power you didn't know you had." He said, and Ophelia nodded.

"As much as I admire the sentiment," She began, sighing quietly,"My dad and I are leaving in a couple of months. We'll be headed to the next movie set." She explained, causing Fury to nod slightly.

"Is there a way for me to talk to your father?" Fury asked, making Ophelia bite her lip.

"Well, Dad should be home around six tonight. I can tell him to meet you--" Ophelia began, before Fury cut her off.

"Great," Fury replied,"Agent Romanoff, Agent Barton, and I will be at your apartment at six thirty to meet your father." Fury stated, and Ophelia nodded stiffly.

"I'll bring a few pizzas for dinner." Natasha commented, trying to keep everything the least bit tense as she could.

"Drinks," Clint cut in,"Do you want me to bring drinks?" He asked, looking over at Ophelia.

"You can bring whatever you want. My favorite is the red colored mountain dew; I believe it's cherry flavoured." She replied, and Clint nodded.

"I'll pick up a couple twelve packs on the way." He murmured, causing the girl to smile.

"You two can bring her back to her apartment. We want to make the best impression we can for her father. If he knows we're the good guys, he'll hopefully listen to us." Fury said, causing the two agents to nod.

Clint and Natasha lead the girl back out to their vehicle, before beginning the drive back to Ophelia's apartment.

"Y'know, if you stay here and work with us, you'll be Agent Walker in no time." Clint commented, looking back at Ophelia.

"I'll teach you some fighting moves. Clint will help teach you how to use a gun and other weapons. You'll be as good as us in no time, hopefully." Natasha added, knowing Fury was going to put her further up than the other agents in training, since the other agents didn't have the same power as Ophelia did.

Ophelia was special and everyone knew it. The two agents hoped Ophelia would be up to the task of becoming an agent as high up as them. Natasha believed Ophelia could be as good of an agent as them with the right training. Clint didn't really want to put Ophelia in that position, since she was just a child. Well, technically she wasn't, but she reminded him of his own children, so to him she was a child. He also didn't want to put her in that position, since she was soon to have a child of her own.

"I will be cleaning up the house a bit while waiting for Dad to get home. He and I really don't like a mess, especially when we have guests over." Ophelia said, as she walked into her apartment.

"You know if you do stay, you'll probably need to stay at the facility with us. We use to have our own apartments, but we were never home long enough to stay in them." Natasha commented, as she glanced around Ophelia's apartment.

"I'd much rather stay here. At least I know I like it here." Ophelia murmured, and the two agents nodded, understanding how the girl felt.

"Well, if your father is leaving, one of us will have to stay here with you to make sure you're safe; especially since you're pregnant. You'll need someone here the entire time, and once you're far enough along, you'll need someone around just in case you go into labor." Clint stated, remembering both times his wife had gone into labor.

"If you're both always busy, how would that work?" Ophelia asked, as she kicked off her shoes under the coffee table.

"Fury will want one of us with you at all times to keep you safe. You're important to the team, and we'll need to make sure you're protected." Natasha replied, and Ophelia nodded slightly.

Ophelia wasn't always too fond of being watched over at all times. She understood when she was younger, but she was old enough to take care of herself. She also understood that she'd need someone around often once she was close to giving birth, but that wasn't for at least three months or more. The doctor told her most teenage pregnancies ended with the girl going into labor early, so Ophelia doubted she'd be any different.

Ophelia hoped her father would talk to Fury, but she also didn't want to be left behind when her father went to set. She didn't want to miss him, and she knew she would if he left and she stayed behind. Maybe she'd be able to help people, but that really didn't matter to her if that meant she'd barely see her father or sister. She just hoped S.H.I.E.L.D wouldn't interfere with her family life...

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know it's been a few days, but I've been working on so many other stories. I will definitely be working on many more, including many ideas for new stories I haven't published yet.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx