➰ FITZ - Is This Love ➰

WARNING: This is the first story I've ever written, so it's probably pretty bad (It's added because I spent a lot of time on it.) I love tips and hope you still enjoy. Thanks for reading!

Veronica's POV
Leopold Fitz was by far the most obliviously annoying nerd in fucking history.

I mean, could he just wake up already?

If I had any actual friends, I would talk about my situation with them, and they'd tell me to make my move... blah blah blah.

Just because I'm a badass, does not mean that I'm comfortable asking him out or whatever. I've done it before, yes, but those guys were different. They were assholes. They were one night stands. Not like Fitz.

Because with Fitz I'm actually trying.

I've tried to play nice around him, like the romantic advice magazines have told me.

I've tried not calling him a nerd, or making fun of him for liking monkeys so much!

I've tried to try- which is not something that I'm good at. I never try things that I know I won't succeed in. So why Fitz?

Why am I trying so goddamned much?

Because I love him! I fucking love him.

So why doesn't he love me back?

Fitz's POV
It's the fifth time my friends demand that I stop staring at her, and they're getting quite annoyed. It's not my fault! Blame my eyes. Or their awareness. Not me!

Although, of course, they're right like always. I am staring at her. I have been since she first stepped on the bus. She's incredible.

What they're not right about however, is the fact that I have any chance with her at all.

Unless, of course, I was the last man alive, and we had to have children to re-populate the planet. Even then, I'm not so sure.

Jemma, Skye, and I are in the lab, whilst the higher leveled agents -elites, we call them- are having a meeting in the lounge.

"You know, this might just be my optimism, but everyone except Veronica just laughed, and I'm pretty sure Coulson, Ward, and May mentioned your name a minute ago."

"That's definitely just optimism, Skye."

"Ask her about it when the meeting ends. You can see how she reacts?" That super helpful comment comes from Jemma.

"Simmons, you seem to have forgotten that Fitz can barely string a sentence around her, let alone ask her a pressing question."

"Yeah, okay, but Fitz, if you're going to ask her out, you should do it soon."

"She's right. We're going to be at the Hub for a whole week. Someone'l steal her away from you if you don't! She's a serious catch."

Reminder: Keep Skye away from Veronica.

"Then that leaves me two days, if I practice my speech non-stop, I think I can do it."

"Don't forget: make up conversation before you do as well. You want to be appealing."

"Which also means no science talk."

"Got it. Be interesting without science... how am I supposed to do that, again?"

"You'll do fine! Hey look, they just finished. Say something now!" Skye shoves me towards the door with more force than she uses in the field. As if me talking to my crush is the same level of urgency as fighting HYDRA.