➰ Skimmons/Fitzward ➰

TWO SHIPS IN ONE?! 🤯
(With some Philinda?!)

A/n: In this world, May thinks of Fitz like a son, and Ward isn't HYDRA. Set in early season one. 💕

This is just light fluff <3

Third person's POV
Phil Coulson and Melinda May are sitting together in his office, thinking about their last mission with the team.

Skye and Fitz. The two people who they see as their children- almost dead.

The two wanted to kill whoever put them in that position, but they knew they had to set a good example for the others.

Phil was going to lock up whoever hurt Skye personally, and May was going to beat the shit out of whoever even touched Fitz.

Coulson sees the anger in his girlfriend's eyes, and tries to comfort her. "Don't worry, Fitz has Simmons, and Skye has Ward." May nods her head in agreement.

Oh how wrong they were.

Skye's POV
I watch as Fitz and Ward stare at each other in turns, looking away just seconds before the other looks at them.

It's almost sickening. Ward won't admit that he is insanely in love with Fitz, and there's no way the scientist would even dream of making the first move. They're stuck.

Jemma agrees that they're meant to be, as well. Literally any non-homophobic person in the world would. Except for Coulson and May, who still haven't figured it out yet.

They think Fitz is with my girlfriend, and probably that I'm dating Ward. I guess Jemma and I have been doing a good job at hiding, even if we're not fully trying.

Part of me actually wants for Jemma and I to be caught. Is that wrong?

"Hey babe," Jemma greats, bending down to kiss my forehead, and sitting in the seat beside me. "How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, as good as someone can be when they almost just died," I joke. Fitz and I got kidnapped, and Ward still isn't going to talk to him. I roll my eyes.

"Ward still hasn't made his move yet?" I shake my head 'no'. "That's weird, this is the perfect time to do it." She states.

"Agreed. You think we should go and knock some sense into him?" I ask.

"I know you meant that as a joke, but let's do it." We grin at each other cheekily.

A few minutes later Fitz goes up to make a cup of tea. We walk to Ward who was sitting on the opposite side of the room.

"Stop staring at him, and do something!" I exclaim, catching him off guard.

"You either go ask him out, or I'm planning a date for you two myself." Jemma tries her best to sound threatening.

It comes off more as sweet.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Ward replies without much emotion.

A very Ward thing to do.

"You're a good liar Ward, but a hopeless romantic." That's not exactly true at all (it's more Fitz's thing) but whatever.

"I swear to god if either of you say anything-" I don't want to find out.

"We won't!" Jemma and I exclaim at the same time. Fitz quickly looks over, but isn't curious enough to care, and turns back.

Ward gives us the death stare.

"Just say something before it's too late." We leave him alone, and head to my bunk. For our day off, we planned a matinee.

I got to pick this time, so we're watching the Suicide Squad- even though it's trash and extremely gory. Okay, I'm starting to think it wasn't the best option.

"Are we going to watch the Death Gang on your computer?" She asks, and I laugh.

"The Suicide Squad, and yeah." I kiss her cheek and set up the movie.

"Right, sorry," she apologizes as she turns red. From embarrassment, or the kiss? I have no idea. Probably both.

"So," I start. "Do you think that Ward is ever going to do anything?"

"Yes, I do. But it'll be at the worst possible time. Like, while they're being shot at."

"Sounds about right."

"Ward is a great guy and all, but I'm just wondering what Fitz sees in him."

"Right? They're a little too different, but in a good way, I think? Opposites attract and all that. It's actually pretty cute."

I speak again to fill the awkward silence that has come up. "I can pick a different movie if you want? It's not the greatest."

"Oh thank god! After the last mission, I don't think I'll be able to see anything with blood or suicide for at least a week!"

"How about Disney? They just released a movie called Monsters University. I've seen the trailer, it looks pretty cute."

"Sure, sounds wonderful!"

Ward's POV, five minutes ago
Jemma and Skye leave the room, and I play our 'conversation' back in my head.

They're right, of course. I do have different feelings towards Fitz than the others, but until a few days ago, I never really thought of it as love. Now I understand.

I've pictured me being with Fitz out on dates, even marriage, and, other things.

But there's a good chance he doesn't feel the same, and I don't handle rejection well, for anything really. Especially from Fitz- I don't know what I'd do.

Leave the team? I hate that it's true.

A Scottish accent brings me back to reality. "Sorry to disrupt whatever you're thinking about, but I finished the gun you asked for. It's in the lab when you want it."

"Oh, thanks Fitz." He starts to walk away, but I stop him by grabbing his wrist. He finches a little. Was that too harsh?

"I was just wondering if you were okay, after the mission?" He looks at me like I just solved time travel. Is it so surprising I'd ask him a
question like that?

"I-uh-I-I'm alright thanks," he answers with a stutter. My heart does a twirl. I didn't think that was possible for me.

"That's good to hear." I don't know what else to say. At this point in my conversations, I usually just leave, but I don't want to.

"If you weren't, that would be okay, too. You know that, right?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks Ward." He smiles, and starts to walk away again.

Why does he keep doing that?

"Wait," I ask, in a tone way too desperate for my liking. He looks at me with a mix of hope and confusion. What do I say?

"Will-you-go-out-with-me?" I blurt out, as fast as I possibly could. Somehow by some chance, he seems to know what I said.

"I would like that," he pauses. "But do you mind if I go now? Coulson put a serious deadline on that new gear, and-"

I laugh- a little disappointed, but happy. "Of course. Go help save the world." Before he leaves, I stop him again.

This time, by kissing him.

I could stay in this moment forever.

Vote and comment for more! ⭐️