➰ SKIMMONS - Caught ➰

I end my call with Fitz and sigh. I miss him a lot- everyone here does.

When the team found out that the brilliant scientists were only dating because they were confused about their sexualities, they went on different paths, on good terms.

Fitz's path however, was a SHIELD base in Scotland. Now, I know he won't be there forever, but it still sucks. Other than Mack, he was my closest friend here.

I've come to terms with it though, and I'm happy for Fitz, honestly. I think he found a boyfriend at his new base, which I'm very happy about. He deserves the world.

I'll call him again tomorrow, same time as usual, and he'll confuse me to death with science-y things. I can't wait.

But right now I'm in the present, with a very serious issue at hand: revenge.

Mack ate all of the popcorn I was saving for a lazy day, and now he's going to pay for it. I'm going to scare the shit out of him.

All I need is some tech from the lab, and I'm set. My plan is to hook up tiny speakers to the walls of his room and the garage. I'll play creepy robot voices all day long.

This is going to be hilarious. Mack's fear of robots is exactly what I need right now. Can't imagine why he's so scared of them, though. It's not like psycho killer robots are actually real. That's just in movies.

There is only one flaw in my plan: the new colour system. Since I'm 'green' I don't have access to all of the things I need.

But I know exactly who does.

Jemma Simmons. She's most likely in the lab, so that's where I'll start looking.

"Hey Rachel," Coulson says, surprising me from behind. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing sir, just thinking."

"You only call me 'sir' when you're hiding something. Is it something illegal?"

"No, no! Nothing like that, just planning a prank, that's all," I blurt.

"Okay, I hope that goes well." He gives me a smile and walks away as if we never talked at all. He does that a lot now a days.

Or maybe it's just with me. I don't think that Coulson has ever felt a connection with me like he has with the rest of the team.

He's always saying that he has a good read on people, but personally, I disagree. Look at what happened with Ward.

"Andrews. Have you filed your mission log yet?" May asks, out of nowhere.

"Believe it or not, I did, and director's given me a day off, so no training either."

She gives me her classic 'hmph' and walks away. Did I do something? People around the base keep looking at me weirdly, too.

I decide to ignore it because if there was an issue, someone will say something. It's most likely some dumb rumour.

I finally reach the lab, and there is no sign of Simmons, just other scientists. I ask them if they know where she is- no luck.

Apparently, she been gone for an hour.

I freeze. That doesn't sound like Jemma. I know she's trying to get on good terms with the new director. No one gets breaks for an hour, not even the orange tier.

That means something's wrong.

Why couldn't have someone else noticed this? This is not how I planned to spend my day off, finding a biochemist in distress.

I search the halls, earning more looks, but I still don't care. She's not in the lunch room, or the training room, or in a containment module for whatever reason.

Then the obvious thought appears in my head: she's probably just in her room. Okay, now I feel really stupid because that's the most obvious thing in the entire world.

She's either sick, or super tired, or also has some time off that the others didn't know about. Definitely not kidnapped.

Mack would be laughing at me so hard right now if he knew about this. Either way, I still have to check up on her, because I need access to one of the storage rooms.

After what is now a total of thirty minutes walking around to find her, I finally reach her room. I knock, but no one answers.

Strange. I knock again, still nothing.

That means she's probably in the shower or whatever, and she'll come out soon. Should I leave a note? What if she takes a long time? I won't get another day off for awhile.

I test the handle to see if it's locked, and it's not. No one would notice if I walked in and grab her spare lanyard, right?

I open the door quietly, and shut it right after I get inside. Turning around, I see Jemma. Naked. On top of Daisy. Who's also naked. Oh my god. This is not happening.

If I had something in my hand, I would have dropped it right then and there.

Daisy notices me and looks up. "Shit."

The two of them grab a nearby blanket to cover themselves with, and even though I'm thankful for this action, it's a bit too late.

"Sooo..." Jemma starts awkwardly. "What did you come in here for, Rachel?"

"Umm, just wondering if you would give me access somehow to storage room 4, but it looks like you're already busy."

"Yeah I can help you with that, just give me a minute, I'll be right there." She puts on a long sweater to cover herself with, and heads to the bathroom to go change.

"What you just saw, it never happened." Daisy gives me the death stare, and I nod. I don't really know what else to do.

She's probably pissed that I broke up her make out sesh, and I don't blame her.

Simmons comes out of the bathroom and says a quick goodbye to Daisy, who kisses her on the cheek. I can tell she isn't comfortable with the PDA yet. It's kinda cute.

And even though I'm close with Fitz, she and I have never really been friends, not since the bus days. Then she became distant.

We walk into the hallway. "So, you must be a better liar than I thought. Don't you have that weekly lie detector test?"

"I don't lie," she starts, defensively. "I just simply avoid the question, that's all."

"Ahh I see. So, how long has that been going on huh? Don't worry, I won't tell."

She looks at me, to the ground, to me, and back to the ground again. "About a week after Fitz left," she replies shamefully.

"Hey, I'm not going to judge you for finally figuring out who you are. It's amazing that you and Daisy have found each other."

She smiles. "Thanks Rachel. What did you need in storage room 4? That seems oddly specific. It's all tech in there, right?"

"Yeah, I need the speakers to pull a prank on Mack, it's going to be insane."

"I'm sure I can help you with that, but for a price. You get to help me plan a surprise one month anniversary date for Daisy!"

"Oh my god Jemma, I would love to."

"Great, it's in a few days. I feel bad that we haven't been spending much time together since I've moved up in the spectrum."

"Well then we'll plan something perfect for your special day." I grab her hand and we laugh the entire way to the storage room.

In this moment, I couldn't be happier.

Vote for Skimmons one-shots! ⭐️

Also comment other ships for me to write about! Bye guys! 💕