➰ JEMMA - Perfect Gift ➰

A/n: Hey readers! I'm missing the Christmas season, so I'll be writing some holiday themed one-shots. I really hope you enjoy them!

Also, don't forget to vote! 💕

Everything had to be perfect. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't know what to get the team members for Christmas?

The kind of friend I am, I suppose, because I have no idea what to get any of them.

Well, I already have Coulson's gift- a red car that is the exact same model as Lola, in a snow globe with a Christmas-y scene.

But that fine was definitely just luck, hence the fact that a few days ago, I had no idea of what to get him either. I'm screwed.

Part of me thinks May or Ward will be the most difficult to shop for, but I know that's not true in the slightest. It's Jemma.

The adorably sweet scientist who I've had feelings for since she saved my life back when Lorelei tried to kill me.

Her gift is the most important, because if I get a good enough reaction from it, I may have the confidence to ask her out.

And I'm pretty sure that's what's best for me right now. Someone nice like her, to help ground me instead of use me.

I was originally thinking clothes, I know her style well enough to buy something she will wear, but that gesture could be seen in the wrong ways. She might think that I don't like the way she dresses.

I think I've settled on jewelry, which I know is a little basic, but since it's the safe route, I can't go too wrong with it.

Coulson's currently meeting up with the higher-ups in SHIELD, so he let us walk around this cute town while we wait. It's the perfect opportunity for shopping.

After buying things for the others (a fancy
pen with a monkey on it for Fitz, a highly
recommended protein shake ten-pack for Ward, expensive teas for May, and a few interesting books for Skye) I was ready to get the perfect gift for Jemma.

I walk into a small jewelry store and my eyes widen with joy. Everything here was so personalized, I knew I'd find the perfect something for my special someone.

There it is. In the necklace section. It's has a silver chain that weaves magically, with an amethyst stone in the centre.

I grab it and head to the counter, and the woman at the till smiles at me.

"I'm glad you found something that makes you so happy. Is it for a family member? A girlfriend maybe?" She asks.

"Hopefully." Blushing a little, she gets the message. I give her the money (which was less than she could've sold for) and leave with a smile so wide, I might explode.

This might go perfectly after all.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Christmas morning came around (with a bit less celebrating than I would've liked) and Jemma was in her room reading, not knowing what was about to happen.

Everyone had already given each other gifts by now, but she just left without giving me anything. I know we aren't as close as she is with Fitz, or Skye, but she gave Ward something! Nerves wash over me.

What if I don't have a chance after all?

Even though her door is open, I give it a knock before I enter. "Come in," she says, in a less cheerful mood than usual.

You'd think she'd be in a happier mood for Christmas? I wonder what's wrong.

"Hey Jems," I answer, using the nickname I've given her that she hasn't turned down yet, so it's stuck. "Are you alright?"

She looks at me (a little thrown off), seems to argue with herself in her mind a little bit, puts down her book, and speaks.

"Honestly, I'm quite confused," she replies with a sigh, I chose her door, and sit beside her. I place her gift behind me, surprised that she hasn't noticed it yet.

"What are you confused about?" I ask.

"This is going to sound stupid, but I kind of thought something was going on between us, in a romantic way. But when you gave all your gifts to the others, and not me, I guess I was wrong, after all."

I mentally slap myself for making my plan this stupidly. I didn't realize it would seem that way, I just wanted to be alone with her when she received it.

And now she's got it all wrong.

"Oh Jemma, that's the opposite of what it is, here." I practically shove the wrapped box into her perfectly soft hands.

She looks a little stunned at first, but then starts to unwrap the gift.

When she pulls out the necklace, she starts to cry. Did I do something wrong, or right? I pray for it to be the latter.

"Clea, this is beautiful. Oh no, I got it all wrong, didn't I? I feel terrible."

"Please don't," I plead. "It isn't your fault at all. I'm just glad you like it."

"Like it? I absolutely love it. I'm going to wear it every single day, and night." She chuckles nervously, turning pink.

There is a bit of silence until she speaks up again. "Here, I'll give you my gift now." So she had gotten me something.

She gets up, opens a drawer, and comes back with a perfectly wrapped box in red and gold wrapping. I start to get giddy.

I unwrap it, trying to be as respectful to the wrapping as possible but failing, and take the gift out, for dramatic effect.

Now the box is to the side, and whatever she got me was lightly guarded by black tissue paper, making me more curious.

I look up, making eye contact with Jemma, and finally see what the gift is.

It's a vibrator. Oh my god.

"I was hoping I could use it on you after our first date, if you would like. Unless it's too soon of course! We don't have to-"

"Did Skye suggest this?" I ask. She blushes adorably and she mumbles 'yes'.

I laugh a little, and she seems to get even darker in the cheeks. "Did you just ask me out, and offer to fuck me with a vibrator at the same time? Yes and yes!"

She looks taken aback, but starts beaming at the same time. I lean in closer, cupping her rosy cheeks in both hands, and kiss her. It's sincere and sweet, like her.

I pull away slowly, sensing we were both out of breath, and look down.

The vibrator has the name Jemma written on the side, like I belong to her.

I'm certainly not complaining.

Vote for Jemma one-shots! ⭐️